Thursday, January 30, 2014

[Pat's Review]: "Kaleidoscope"


Kaleidoscope by Kristen Ashley
Publisher: Forever (February 4, 2014) 
Series: Colorado Mountain, 6
Genre: Contemporary Romance

When old friends become new lovers...anything can happen.

Sexy, gifted, and loyal, PI Jacob Decker is a tall, cool drink of perfection who had Emmanuelle Holmes at "hello." His relationship with Emme's best friend kept them apart for years, but things have changed. Now that a case has brought him to Gnaw Bone, Colorado, the road is wide open for Emme and Deck to explore something hotter and deeper than Emme dreamed possible. So why is she sabotaging the best thing that's ever happened to her? 

It isn't easy to catch Deck off guard, but Emme does just that when she walks back into his life after nine long years. The curvy brunette had her charms back in the day, but now she's a bona fide knockout . . . and she wants to rekindle their friendship. Deck, however, wants more. Emme's always been the one; she excites Deck's body and mind like no other woman can. But a dark chapter from Emme's past overshadows their future together. Now only Deck can help her turn the page-if she'll let him . . 




Where to Buy*:
More Info:


Reviews of Other Books by Ashley:

Motorcycle Man (#4) -- Kame

Own the Wind (#1) -- Kame
Fire Inside (#2) -- Kame



Pat's Review:




This is the sixth novel in The Colorado Mountain Series and I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first. As a loyal fan of Ms. Ashley's stories, it's always exciting when a new book is released.


We have our usual Alpha Male, his name is Jacob Decker, known as Deck.  He is an Alpha and a whole lot more. Deck is walking in Gnaw Bone, Colorado when he hears a female voice calling his name. He turns and sees a beautiful woman walking eagerly his way, and is confused, remembering only one person who ever called  him Jacob;  and then she smiles.  Emmanuelle Holmes approaches him with a sweet kiss on the cheek.  Her male companion is not very pleased with her friendliness. Emma and Deck have not seen each other in nine years, since Deck's girlfriend and Emme's best friend, Elspeth, had broken his heart. His only thoughts at the time were to leave town and try and forget the whole disaster of a relationship.  That meant putting his friendship with Emme aside, and over the years that seemed the hardest to forget.


Emme Holmes was a quiet, shy, very sweet girl, who was in love with her best friends boyfriend.  When Elspeth had run off with a rich man willing to give her all she desired, Emme approached Jacob, to offer comfort and more if he wanted.  She also understood when he turned away, but she gave him a gift he still takes wherever he goes.  "A long triangular tube of exquisite stained glass leading to five disks also made of stained glass. A kaleidescope."  The last thing she said as he shut the door was that when he thought he had lost all beauty, turn the dial.


Jacob and Emme's reunion is a wonderful story. There's an old grand mansion being restored, friends from other Colorado Mountain stories, danger and intrigue, and a sweet and beautiful love story. It has it's challenges, but Emme and Jacob have been through so much already their ties are too hard to break.


I highly recommend this novel to Kristen Ashley fans new and old, and anyone who loves small town stories with big hulking guys who love their women above all else.



     5 STARS!






~ * ~ * ~

Pat received a copy of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for her honest opinion.


~ * ~ * ~



Meet Pat:




Hi I'm Pat Fordyce. I am a retired pediatric nurse living in coastal North Carolina. Being retired I get to do one of my favorite things .....READ..... I love to read and talk about books, and my reviews are my voice. I also volunteer at our Public Library a few days a week. So glad to be joining The Book Queen's group of guest reviewers.







~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 

Thanks for the review, Pat! :) I'm so glad you loved this one! 

I tried one of Ashley's books (Motorcycle Man) last year, and while I did finish it, I realized that her books would just never work for me. However, I can see the appeal, and why so many readers lovingly call her books "crack"! I have to say, I love the cover for this one . . . mainly because I want that house! 

So, are you an Kristen Ashley fan or not? If so, do you have a favorite? 





Enjoy! 



Until Next Time,


 Photobucket


*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

5 comments :

Anna@herding cats&burning soup said...

I do love those small towns and big alpha heroes. I'm a sucker for the ones that have some history between them too. I really do need to give her a read and check these out. Glad to see you enjoyed it so much Pat!

Heather MacKenzie said...

Yay! I am excited to read Deck's story because I loved him so much in Breathe! Well done again Pat!


I read KA and I enjoy her, I have noticed that she has picked up new fans with her newer titles because the length is shorter than her previous books. If you didn't like her old stuff you might enjoy some of her newer titles.

The_Book_Queen said...

Very true. I did try reading Jagged from NetGalley last year, but just couldn't connect with any of the characters and ended up DNFing it. Still, never say never -- I may try one of her books again in the future!
Enjoy,
TBQ

southerngirl said...

I cannot wait for this book. Great review, Pat. I'm a huge KA fan too, as you already know.

Pat Egan Fordyce said...

Thanks Anna! Start off with Motorcycle Man....you'll be hooked.