Wednesday, May 22, 2013

[Kame's Review]: "Own the Wind"

 
Own the Wind by Kristen Ashley
Publisher: Forever (April 2, 2013) *ebook release date*
Series: Chaos, 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Too hot to handle...

Tabitha Allen grew up in the thick of Chaos--the Chaos Motorcycle Club, that is. Her father is Chaos' leader, and the club has always had her back. But one rider was different from the start. When Tabby was running wild, Shy Cage was there. When tragedy tore her life apart, he helped her piece it back together. And now, Tabby's thinking about much more than friendship...

Tabby is everything Shy's ever wanted, but everything he thinks he can't have. She's beautiful, smart, and as his friend's daughter, untouchable. Shy never expected more than friendship, so when Tabby indicates she wants more--much more--he feels like the luckiest man alive. But even lucky men can crash and burn..




Where to Buy*:
More Info:


Kame's Review:


Tabitha “Tabby” Allen and Parker “Shy” Cage have known each other since Tabby was sixteen. At the time Tabby was trying to find her way. Her mother felt she was a “bad” girl; Tabby needed love and support to have the strength to prove her wrong. Shy was a recruit for her father’s motorcycle club and was called to help rescue her out of a bad situation. We see snippets of interaction through the years from that fateful night when Tabby was sixteen until an event which causes Tabby to seek out Shy. They learn that they both made choices in their lives that were not true to themselves.  Realizing that the other helps them achieve their “true self” they commit to trying a relationship, it is only after a lot of discussion and it is not a decision either of them went into lightly. The resistance among their friends and family is shocking and disheartening to them.




“Nothin’ to say, Tabby. Life was shit. Lost my family, years later, found a new family. Then life wasn’t shit anymore.”

I love Kristen Ashley’s writing style, my writer friends tell me it’s her voice – so I love Kristen Ashley’s voice! Her characters have many dimensions – Shy is a biker, but he has such a great sentimental side that at times made me melt – his dedication to love and family is incredible. Tabby is so much more than a biker dude’s daughter, she has a song she loves (I don’t want to name it as it would be a spoiler) and she sees it as a guide to her life – but something she is not sure if can ever come true. Kristen Ashley weaves in bits of information on other characters (some old, some new) in the story so we can see their progression and growth; possibly laying the foundations for future books (I can cross my fingers).


“How’d you get so wise?”
“Had a good teacher,” he answered.
“Your dad before he died?”
“My dad before he died and your dad when I found him.”


While this novel is the first book in Kristen Ashley’s new Chaos series its characters are not completely new.  Many of them we have met in other Kristen Ashley books, and most of them were present in Motorcycle Man. Do you have to read every Kristen Ashley book ever written before this one, no (now that being said her books are amazing and I fully intend on going back and reading every word she has ever written!), but I highly recommend you read Motorcycle Man before you read this book – it will only increase your enjoyment and allow you to fully appreciate the relationships between Tack, Tyra, Rush, Shy and Tabby.

“I have never, not once, not in my life, made love to any woman. Not once. Not until what I just did with you.”





I don’t just love this book – I ADORE it!  I purchased this book for my Nook and I will preorder the second book in the Chaos series as soon as possible!




5 STARS!





 ~*~*~*~

Kame bought this book.
*Note: Quote used belongs to Kristen Ashley; Kame and TBQ's Book Palace do not claim it*
~*~*~*~



Meet Kame:

Kame is part of a family of readers; one day she picked up the Nook she purchased for her husband and discovered her love of e-books. A few months later he purchased one for her so he could have his back! Kame’s Nook is never far, and she is hard pressed to pick a favorite book, genre or author. As long as there are characters that make her want to sit down and have a chat and a plot keeps the pages turning, she’ll read it.

Kame's GoodReads 
 



~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Thanks for the great review, Kame! I haven't read any of Ashley's books yet, but maybe I need to try one. Would you suggest I start with this book, or one of her previous?

Have you read Kristen Ashley? Which one is your favorite book?




Enjoy!



Until Next Time,
Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

5 comments :

Kame said...

TBQ - to get the full Chaos feel you should start with Motorcycle Man...warn you - you can't stop with just one!

Michele S. said...

Great review Kame! I also adored this book! And Shy....sigh...there are no words for how much I love him =)

Pat Egan Fordyce said...

Great review as always! Really loved this book!!! Can't wait for the next Chaos.

Kame said...

Pat you will LOVE it...we will post the review here on release day!

Kame said...

Hi Michele - how did you like the quotes - yes loved Shy too!