Tuesday, November 12, 2013

[Review]: "Sweet Surrendering"

Sweet Surrendering by Chelsea M. Cameron
Publication Date: October 15th 2013 
Series: Surrender Saga, 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance


She’s his boss. He doesn’t care. This office isn’t big enough for the two of them…


When Rory Clarke ends up hiring the guy she spent one steamy night with to be her administrative assistant, she's determined to keep things professional.

Lucas Blaine has other plans for her. He wants Rory, and it’s hard to resist his stunning blue eyes, chin dimple and the way he fills out a suit. Everywhere she looks, there he is, giving her a panty-melting smile and pulling her away for the most amazing (and satisfying) sex she’s ever had in her life.


What starts off as one sexual encounter turns into multiple trysts in and out of the office and the lines she’d tried to draw so carefully are blurring. But the closer they get, the more Rory realizes that there are things about Lucas she doesn’t know, things he’s hiding from her. She’ll have to decide if she can surrender to her feelings or get out while she still can.




Where to Buy*:
Amazon | Kindle | BN | NOOK 
More Info:




My Review:







And then something occurred to me. "You're not having sex with someone else, are you?"

"No, Sunshine. I would rather wake up with you than go to bed with anyone else."




Such a sweet, funny, and extremely sexy read! I'm already a fan of Ms. Cameron's writing, so I knew going into Sweet Surrendering that I would like it—and I did. Very much. Best $0.99 I have spent in a long time!



Cameron has proved she can write both sexy NA and now very sexy adult contemporaries, too. I laughed, I snorted, I sighed...Oh, yes, reading this book made me very happy.



I loved the banter and tension between Rory and Lucas. There are sooo many great quotes that I highlighted. Here are a just a few:




"Do you want me inside you?" He spoke the words against my lips and I tried to kiss him, but he pulled back.

"Yes," I said. Had I not made that clear by the penis grabbing incident earlier? Did he want an invitation? I Cordially Invite You to Enter My Vagina.




What, am I the only one who snorted at that? ;)




I unfolded the paper airplane and there was a note on it.

Your boobs look great today.
-Lucah


I tore the note up and put it through my shredder just as my phone rang. I picked it up and didn't even bother saying hello.

"Didn't like my note?" I fought a smile.

"How old are you? You are a grown man."

"Grown man can't use the word boobs?"

"They shouldn't."

"What am I supposed to call them? Mammary glands? Love pillows? Jugs? Hooters?" I burst out laughing and had to hang up the phone because I didn't want anyone catching either of us talking about other words for boobs.





Mmmm... a sexy ginger hero with a mysterious past, a heroine who knows what she wants, and a scene with dirty post-it notes...seriously, just go buy this book! Oh, and her previous novels, too; just trust me on this.




I'll admit, there were a few spots in the story that were slow, but over all I was pleased with this novel. I do wish that there had been more development around Lucas' “secret”. But despite these small flaws, I still very much enjoyed Sweet Surrendering. It goes without saying that I will be looking forward to the next book in this series—and by this author in general.



4 STARS! 




~ * ~ * ~ 

I bought an e-copy of this book and chose to share my honest opinion. 

*Note: The quotes used belong to Chelsea M. Cameron; TBQ's Book Palace does not claim them. 

~ * ~ * ~ 




Hurry--this e-book is still on sale for only $0.99, but the price will go up. Like I already said, I think you will find it well worth that buck! ;) 

Also, here are my reviews for her previous novels -- My Favorite Mistake and Deeper We Fall.




Have you read Cameron before? Do you have a favorite book of hers? 










Enjoy!


Until Next Time,


Photobucket

  *TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

2 comments :

Anna@herding cats&burning soup said...

OOo pets the cover. So pretty! It sounds like a lot of fun>. Love pillows. ::snort::

The_Book_Queen said...

It *is* a pet-worthy cover! :) There were so many scenes where I started to snort and giggling . . . and of course I was in public at the time so I got a lot of o.0 looks from people. LOL Well worth it though, they can think I'm crazy all they want!