Friday, October 18, 2013

[Kame's Review]: "Garrison's Creed"


Garrison's Creed by Cristin Harber
Publisher: Mill Creek Press (September 25, 2013)
Series: Titan, 2
Genre: Romantic Suspense


A SPY RUNNING FOR HER LIFE
Nicola is an injured CIA agent on the run from a failed undercover operation. Her escape plan shatters when she slams into the man who buried her a decade ago. Cash Garrison. Her first and only love. Now, sexier than her best memory and cradling a sniper’s rifle, he has questions she can’t answer. Why was she alive? And armed?

AND THE MAN SHE COULD NEVER SEE AGAIN
Cash is an elite member of a black ops organization, The Titan Group. He thought Nicola died his senior year of college and swore off love to focus on a decade of military missions. But when she shows up behind enemy lines, bleeding out and wielding a weapon, his heart and mind are unsure how to proceed.

BATTLE BETRAYAL TO SAVE THEMSELVES
Titan and the CIA join forces to uncover a mole hidden in a network of international terrorists and homegrown mobsters, teaming Cash and Nicola again. They fight old wounds and re-ignite sparks while closing in on a double agent. When disaster strikes, Nicola’s hidden past makes her the hunted target and Cash’s best kill shot may not be enough to save them.






Where to Buy*:
More Info:


Read Kame's review of book 1! 



Kame's Review:







“Nicola Beatrice, you’re my little sister. I can be angry at you. I might be furious or shocked or simply fucking confused, but I will never turn my back on you. You’re blood. You’re family, and for whatever fucked-up reason, you’re back. We need a sit down with Dr. Phil or some couch doc like that, ‘cause I think my head’s going to explode. But I’ll deal.”





Cash has seen a lot of stuff during his military career and now as a member of Titan Group. If you asked him he would have never even imagined on the night where he was sighting a target in his rifle’s scope that he would see the only woman he has ever loved. It can’t be Nic he stood by her family ten years ago at her funeral. But he would know her anywhere.  



Yes I know that is one of the shortest synopsis I have ever written, but I want you to experience the plot and there is so much in the first few chapters that I found just delightful I don’t want to spoil the enjoyment for you.  Yes is this a second chance romance, but it has circumstances and plot twists like no other I have ever read.



"Roc, man. You think love can be all just add water and resuscitate?”





I liked Cash in Book 1 (Winters Heat), I think how he tried to help Coby and Mia find each other again was touching, even more so now that I have finished Cash’s book;  now I just flat out love him. Many would have categorized him as a womanizer, but in reality Cash was just a man who didn’t think he could move past the loss of his one love. Cash loves deep and he loves hard; and Nic seems to be the perfect match for him. She is a strong quick thinking woman and a great character. It is evident she never stopped loving Cash; and she knows second chances are rare. They eventually rekindle their relationship and some steamy scenes are the result. Once you know why they were forced apart you will understand the beauty of their relationship. They each “had” something that made them feel closer to the other, both scenes where each revealed the “truths” of what they did to keep the other close are my two favorite scenes in the book, each brought a tear to my eye. (They are both highlighted on my Kindle and I have already reread them a few times) 



We met most of the Titan Group in Winters Heat but we learn more about them in this book. Rocco is my favorite secondary character in this book; he was very interested in all the drama and it was funny to read the other characters acknowledge that fact. The plot had some twists that took me off guard, but nothing that had me questioning if Cash and Nic would have a HEA. 



This was an extremely satisfying read. Honestly this will be a book I will reread probably more than once. Cash and Nic have a connection that I felt leap off the page. They are causing me to reevaluate my list of all-time favorite couples. I look forward to seeing them again in future Titan books (I am hoping they are very present in the promised Roman book!)



     5 STARS!





 ~*~*~*~
Kame received a copy of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for her honest opinion.

*Note: The quotes used belong to Cristin Harber; Kame and TBQ's Book Palace do not claim them.

~*~*~*~



Meet Kame:

Kame is part of a family of readers; one day she picked up the Nook she purchased for her husband and discovered her love of e-books. A few months later he purchased one for her so he could have his back! Kame’s Nook is never far, and she is hard pressed to pick a favorite book, genre or author. As long as there are characters that make her want to sit down and have a chat and a plot keeps the pages turning, she’ll read it.

Kame's GoodReads 




~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Thanks for the review, Kame! :) This series sounds better and better!

Remember, Kame will be doing an interview/event with Cristin in the near future, as well as reviewing the rest of this series. 




Enjoy!



Until Next Time,
Photobucket
*TBQ'sthis post!

2 comments :

Cristin Harber said...

Hi! Those are some of my fave lines too! Thank you for the great review. <3 ya!

Kame said...

You are welcome - Cash really grew on me.