Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Chaos Burning"
- Pen-Pals for Book Lovers --- Anyone Interested?
- "The World is a Stage" Winner!
- [Review]: "Fated"
- Sexy Snippets (4): "One Naughty Night"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Lauren Hawkeye
- Lusting for Covers (74)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "My Wicked Gladiators"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Once Her Man, Always Her Man"...
- [ARC Review]: "The World is a Stage"
- [NOR Review]: "Eternity's Mark"
- [NetGalley + ARC Review]: "About Last Night"
- Guest Post: Tamara Morgan + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (73)
- Author Interview w/ Alyson Burdette
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Passion"
- Sexy Snippets (3): "Tides of Passion"
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Tracy Sumner + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (72)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Love"
- "Shafted" Winner Announced!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Angela Castle + Giveaway!...
- Lusting for Covers (71)
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Kymber Morgan + "Shafted" ...
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tiger Mine"
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Black Dawn"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Shafted"
- RAK Wrap Up: April
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Paranormal Contemporary 4 Stars E-Book 5 Stars Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy ShapeShifters Teen Romance Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Black Dawn by Rachel Caine
Publisher: NAL Hardcover (May 1, 2012)
Series: The Morganville Vampires, 12
Genre: YA Fantasy/VampiresWith its eclectic mix of vampire and human citizens, Morganville, Texas, has always been a risky place to call home. But with the invasion of the vampire’s deadliest enemy, Morganville isn’t just in danger—it’s dying…
Ever since the draug—mysterious creatures that prey on vampires—took over Morganville, the lives of student Claire Danvers and her friends have been thrown into turmoil. Most of the town’s residents have evacuated, but Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael have chosen to stay and fight.Using the city’s water system to spread, the draug have rapidly multiplied. Things in Morganville look grim, especially since vampire Amelie—the town founder—has been infected by the master draug’s bite.
Now, if Claire and her friends don’t figure out how to cure Amelie and defeat the draug, it looks like Morganville will become little more than a ghost town…
Where to Buy*:
Other Books in this Series:
Titles link to BN.
Book 1: Glass Houses
Book 2: The Dead Girls' Dance
Book 3: Midnight Alley
Book 4: Feast of Fools
Book 5: Lord of Misrule
Book 6: Carpe Corpus
Book 7: Fade Out
Book 8: Kiss of Death
Book 9: Ghost Town (Read my review here)
Book 10: Bite Club
Book 11: Last Breath (Read my review here)
Another installment in the bestselling YA series, Morganville Vampires, another twist in the ongoing story. Black Dawn continues the story that was started when Claire Danvers was only sixteen and a newbie to Morganville. Fast-forward a few years and not only is she no longer quiet as naive and quiet, but she may be the only one able to save the town—both humans and vampires alike—from the terrible nightmare that is the draug.
There is just so much happening in this book, new twists and turns, new problems that arise and new terrors that form. It's not something that can be described or summarized—you simply have to read it. And while a person could read this book, or any of the others, out of order, I would still highly recommend that you read this series from start to finish to get the full enjoyment out of it.
I remember when this series first started. Claire was a heroine that I could stand behind, she was smart and driven to succeed, she was quiet, but yet able to stand up when the situation called for it. But as the series went on, I think we lost some of her unique character traits. She's different, changed—and I'm not completely sure that's a good thing. I miss the old Claire, the one that first drew me to this series.
Ms. Caine knows how to draw a story out, to fill it with suspense and edge-of-your-seat thrills, while still throwing in a few good laughs here and there. It's one of the reasons why I enjoy her books. But I think the best part of Black Dawn was the relationship moments between Shane and Claire—and they were few and far between. I wish there had been more, because what was there was great. This book, like all the others, was filled with action. But it didn't quiet hold my full attention—maybe I'm just waiting for Claire and her friends to get their HEA, and it seems like instead a new problem is always getting thrown in their path. I'll be honest—their life really sucks right now!
4 STARS! If you are a fan of this series, like I am, then you'll love Black Dawn. If you have yet to read this series, I would suggest starting with book one, rather than just jumping right in. Caine does it again, giving her readers another Morganville Vampire book filled with trouble and thrills, suspense and action, not to mention a bit of romance and laughter thrown in, too. It's not my favorite book in the series, but it's still a really good choice for a day of reading. I can only hope that we get the finale for this series soon; I think the characters deserve their happily ever after—or at least a break from all the problems that come with living in Morganville, Texas. :)
Thanks to Night Owl Reviews, where I received this ARC for free in exchange for reviewing the book. (Free book does not equal biased review, however!) This review is the property of NOR.
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008