Friday, March 14, 2014

[Musing Maddie's Review]: "Believe"

Believe by Erin McCarthy
Publisher: InterMix (January 21, 2014) 
Series: True Believers, 3
Genre: New Adult Contemporary

Robin used to be a party girl… until she got black out drunk and woke up in bed with her best friend's boyfriend. Now she's faced with being THAT girl, and couldn't be more disgusted with herself. She can't even tell her friends the reason for her sudden sobriety and she avoids everyone until she meets Phoenix—quiet, tattooed, and different in every way that's good and oh, so bad…

Phoenix is two days out of jail when he meets Robin at his cousin's house, and he knows that he has no business talking to her, but he's drawn to her quiet demeanor, sweet smile, and artistic talent. She doesn't care that he's done time, or that he only has five bucks to his name, and she supports his goal to be a tattoo artist.

But Phoenix knows Robin has a secret, and that it's a naïve dream to believe that his record won't catch up with them at some point. Though neither is prepared for the explosive result when the past collides with the present…


Where to Buy*:
Kindle | NOOK | ARe
More Info:


Reviews of Other Books in the Series:

Sweet (#2) -- TBQ



Musing Maddie's Review:



Erin McCarthy, I applaud you on this stunning addition to the series, Believe. From the first to last page, it was riveting, captivating, heart-wrenching and moving.


Both characters, soul-searching Robin, and broken but believable Phoenix, were young adults who you just wanted to succeed. You wanted them to find joy, amidst their deplorable circumstances. For Robin, these were largely self-induced, but not to the degree that you won't empathise with her plight. For Phoenix, dear, misunderstood man, his tragic past had ensured that he believed he was destined for loneliness. Their journey from friendship to love included the much-needed self-acceptance, and at times, agonising struggle against a tide of disapproval. A fight well fought.


McCarthy has incredible strength to tell stories. The storyline flowed easily, the humour was well placed, the emotional journey brilliantly executed and just the right amount of sexy to satisfy. I have been captivated by this enthralling series from the beginning, and would have to say, that Erin McCarthy is now an author I would always buy.


I eagerly await book four. Kylie's story.


     4 STARS!







 ~*~*~*~

Musing Maddie received a copy of this book from the publisher,  via NetGalley, in exchange for her honest opinion.

~*~*~*~



Meet Musing Maddie:


Musing Maddie is an avid reader, who mainly devours all things romance. She loves series, but only when the story warrants a few books rather than one. A strong, intelligent female with a bit of sass and wit is the preferred heroine in the books she reads, and some sizzle between the sheets is welcome too. Well, ok...more than welcome! Well, not just between the sheets is just fine too! She’s from Down Under, so her humor is on the crazy side. Captivating storylines, with well developed plot and yes, hot, hunky Heroes, is definitely a preference, but she loves it when the characters are damaged, and their story brings hope and restoration. Yes please to HEAs!

Musing Maddie's GoodReads
Musing Maddie's FB 
 




~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Thanks for the review, MM! I liked book 2, and I'm sure I will be reading the rest of the series; I am glad to hear this one was 4 stars! 

Have you read Erin McCarthy before? Do you have a favorite of hers?






Enjoy!



Until Next Time,


Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

10 comments :

LilyElement said...

I haven't read any book by EMcCarthy before, but this one sounds right up my alley. Great review :)


New follower


Melissa @ LilyElement

Sebella Blue said...

I have read Erin's Fast track series even though, (to the shame of my redneckness) I am not a NASCAR fan. I loved the books, but I haven't tried this series yet. I will admit when I read the first part of the blurb I went "Oh no! Not THAT girl"

Anna@herding cats&burning soup said...

Loved these two! I really wasn't sure about Robin going in but what a fab story. Phoenix I think is my favorite of the guys so far.

The_Book_Queen said...

Thanks for following the blog -- welcome!
I'm glad you enjoyed Musing Maddie's review; I hope you like this book, too!
Enjoy,
TBQ

The_Book_Queen said...

I've not yet read her Fast Track series, but plan they are on my list.
I can't blame you; when I read the blurb, I was unsure about it, too. But since MM liked it so much, I'm going to give it a try!
Enjoy,
TBQ

The_Book_Queen said...

:) I'll have to read it then; I wasn't sure about Robin, but since you and MM both liked her story . . . I'm trusting you two!
Enjoy,
TBQ

The_Book_Queen said...

:) The downfall of a good review -- the amount of money it makes you spend, right?
Enjoy!
TBQ

Anna@herding cats&burning soup said...

Yeah she won me over. A couple moments of aaahhh but really it was a great read. Very different couple too :)

The_Book_Queen said...

Good to hear! :)

Loupe Duffy said...

You made this sounds so good :) I love her books already, but I haven't read this one. Looks like I need to get to it.
Thanks!