Sunday, February 23, 2014

Lusting for Covers (165)



Lusting for Covers is a weekly meme, held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers.

This meme is hosted by TBQ @ TBQ's Book Palace.

To view complete instructions on how to participate, as well as grab the HTML code for the graphic, see this page first!



Once you are ready to join the fun,

please fill out Mister Linky below with

your name/blog name and the direct

link to your Lusting for Covers for this

week!



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Here's my candidate for the week:





Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer
Publisher: K-Teen (September 30, 2014)
Series: Elementals, 5
Genre: YA Paranormal


One misstep and they lose it all. For the last time.

Michael Merrick is used to pressure.

He’s the only parent his three brothers have had for years. His power to control Earth could kill someone if he miscalculates. Now an Elemental Guide has it out for his family, and he’s all that stands in the way.

His girlfriend, Hannah, gets that. She’s got a kid of her own, and a job as a firefighter that could end her life without a moment’s notice.

But there are people who have had enough of Michael’s defiance, his family’s “bad luck.” Before he knows it, Michael’s enemies have turned into the Merricks’ enemies, and they’re armed for war.


They’re not interested in surrender. But Michael isn’t the white flag type anyway. There will be blood on the ground tonight…







Why?

I couldn't find a book this week -- what's wrong with me? 

But even though this cover was revealed two weeks ago, I can't stop staring at it. It's by far my favorite cover for the series. The cover model fits how I always pictured Michael. I love his eyes, and the scruff. 

If you haven't realized by now, I'm just a *little* obsessed with this series. Seriously. Read it! :)
































What cover are you currently lusting for? Tell me, I want to know! Follow the directions above on how to post your own Lusting for Covers, and leave a comment telling me what you think of the cover for Sacrifice?














Enjoy!





Until Next Time,

Photobucket












*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

13 comments :

Anna@herding cats&burning soup said...

That is a pretty man. Whew! I can't do another meme each week but hopefully it's okay to leave a pretty in the comments :) This is my favorite from the week. I just love the colors and, well, a cowboy. Can't go wrong there.

Melody May said...

He does have pretty eyes. I went with my usual standby aaa Jaci Burton cover.

The_Book_Queen said...

Oh, comment pretties are always welcome here! :) Great cover pick, Anna! :)
Enjoy,
TBQ

The_Book_Queen said...

It's hard to go wrong with one of Burton's book covers! :)
Enjoy,
TBQ

Kame said...

nothing wrong with a cowboy

Trish Dechant said...

I am so far behind with this series...only read the first book, which I loved. GAH, wish I could find a job where I could get paid to read, right?

Love your choice. Here is mine: http://csmaxwell.blogspot.com/2014/02/lusting-for-covers-68-demon-made-me-do.html

Wickedly Delicious said...

Awesome! I had this to post but at the last minute went with something else. I am in love with Michaels cover. I was a bit shocked it did not follow the pattern for the rest of the Elemental novels. Happy it was not because I feel this is more of an adult looking novel since he is an adult and love that his hair is short.

L4C

Wickedly Delicious said...

Anna loving this cover. Yummy cowboy. I feel the colors are bright and eye catching.

The_Book_Queen said...

*nods* I agree, it does fit his story better, I feel. :)
Enjoy,
TBQ

The_Book_Queen said...

If you find such a job, please put in a good word for me! :) LOL.
Ooh, I hope you get a chance to read the rest of this series soon; one was good, but my least favorite of the series. Gabe, Hunter, and Nick's books are all tied for 1st. I'm curious to see if Michael's book becomes my favorite or what!
Enjoy,
TBQ

Anna@herding cats&burning soup said...

lol good, good :)

Anna@herding cats&burning soup said...

It's really gorgeous in person. I had to take a little cover love moment when I opened the box. lol

Anna@herding cats&burning soup said...

*nods* not at all.