Saturday, January 11, 2014

[Musing Maddie's Review]: "Forever + Always"

Forever + Always by Jasinda Wilder
Publisher: Jasinda Wilder (December 15, 2013) 
Series: The Ever Trilogy, 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Ever,

These letters are often all that get me through week to week. Even if it’s just random stuff, nothing important, they’re important to me. Gramps is great, and I love working on the ranch. But…I’m lonely. I feel disconnected, like I’m no one, like I don’t belong anywhere. Like I’m just here until something else happens. I don’t even know what I want with my future. But your letters, they make me feel connected to something, to someone. I had a crush on you, when we first met. I thought you were beautiful. So beautiful. It was hard to think of anything else. Then camp ended and we never got together, and now all I have of you is these letters. S**t. I just told you I have a crush on you. HAD. Had a crush. Not sure what is anymore. A letter-crush? A literary love? That’s stupid. Sorry. I just have this rule with myself that I never throw away what I write and I always send it, so hopefully this doesn’t weird you out too much. I had a dream about you too. Same kind of thing. Us, in the darkness, together. Just us. And it was like you said, a memory turned into a dream, but a memory of something that’s never happened, but in the dream it felt so real, and it was more, I don’t even know, more RIGHT than anything I’ve ever felt, in life or in dreams. I wonder what it means that we both had the same dream about each other. Maybe nothing, maybe everything. You tell me.

Cade
~ ~ ~ ~

Cade,

We’re pen pals. Maybe that’s all we’ll ever be. I don’t know. If we met IRL (in real life, in case you’re not familiar with the term) what would happen? And just FYI, the term you used, a literary love? It was beautiful. So beautiful. That term means something, between us now. We are literary loves. Lovers? I do love you, in some strange way. Knowing about you, in these letters, knowing your hurt and your joys, it means something so important to me, that I just can’t describe. I need your art, and your letters, and your literary love. If we never have anything else between us, I need this. I do. Maybe this letter will only complicate things, but like you I have a rule that I never erase or throw away what I’ve written and I always send it, no matter what I write in the letter. 

Your literary love,

Ever


Where to Buy*:
More Info:




Musing Maddie's Review:




Jasinda Wilder pens the difficult. Lending her skilled voice to the topic of grief, Forever + Always was an memorable read. Spanning over the period of six years, it followed the journey to fulfilling love between two soul-mates, Ever and Caden.


There were so many moments that touched me deeply including Cade's relationship with his Gramps. The wiry, strong, and very real man's wisdom made me cry. And Caden - the gorgeous, isolated and incredibly gifted boy. His talent, his passion - inspiring. The mirror? Just blew me away. 


The notable element about Jasinda Wilder's writing is the detail. From the artistic descriptions to the sequence of events - they're all covered with meticulous and welcomed detail. It's hard to review her books because they often leave you speechless. Melancholy, yet enriched.


Forever + Always was heart-wrenching and overwhelmingly sad at points, covering the tragedy of death and how the sorrow of loss manifests itself in people differently. The characters were real, the pacing excellent, the love story, divine. I loved the lead characters, Ever Eliot and Caden Monroe. Even when I put the book down, my mind was drawn to their stories. 


And, of course, in true Wilder style, it was incredibly and undoubtedly sexy. Riveting. Enthralling. 


It's not a light read, and you'll need tissues. However, Forever + Always was stunning in its construction, artfully beautiful in its prose, and captivating from beginning to end. A page-turner that you will have no choice but to be compelled to read. Jasinda Wilder - quite simply - wow. 




    5 STARS!







 ~*~*~*~

Musing Maddie received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for her honest opinion.

~*~*~*~



Meet Musing Maddie:


Musing Maddie is an avid reader, who mainly devours all things romance. She loves series, but only when the story warrants a few books rather than one. A strong, intelligent female with a bit of sass and wit is the preferred heroine in the books she reads, and some sizzle between the sheets is welcome too. Well, ok...more than welcome! Well, not just between the sheets is just fine too! She’s from Down Under, so her humor is on the crazy side. Captivating storylines, with well developed plot and yes, hot, hunky Heroes, is definitely a preference, but she loves it when the characters are damaged, and their story brings hope and restoration. Yes please to HEAs!

Musing Maddie's GoodReads
Musing Maddie's FB 
 




~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Thanks for the review, MM! I look forward to reading this one, it sounds very good!  

One last note from MM: If you like angst, then I suggest you read this series. If you like light and fluffy – do not go there! :-)

Have you read Jasinda Wilder? What was the last romance with angst that you picked up? Or do you prefer your novels more on the light and fluffy side? 








Enjoy!



Until Next Time,


Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

1 comment :

Wickedly Delicious said...

Beautiful review. I have been wanting to try Falling Into You book 1 and Wounded by this author. You know a novel is amazingly beautiful when it leaves the reader breathless and can not put into words. Oh I have read a few and my reviews could never do the books justice it deserves. They were for sure the hardest reviews I had to write.