Right now I am...
~Accepting Reviews (If I do not personally have the time, perhaps one of my guest reviewers might. See my Review Policy for more information.)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- Blog Tour Spotlight: "Temptation by Fire" + Giveaw...
- [Pat's Review]: "Kaleidoscope"
- Release Day Launch: "Prince of Blood and Steel" + ...
- [Blog Tour Spotlight]: "Fighting Love" + Giveaway!...
- Blog Tour Spotlight: "Burn For Me" + Giveaway!
- Freebie Alert (Untangle My Heart) + Giveaway!
- [Musing Maddie's Review]: "Betting On You"
- [Review]: "Friends to Lovers"
- Lusting for Covers (161)
- Book Deals (9)
- [Musing Maddie's Review]: "Come to Me Quietly"
- [ARC Review]: "Secret"
- [Pat's Review]: "Sweet Southern Betrayal"
- [Blog Tour Spotlight]: "Her Lovestruck Lord" + Giv...
- [ARC Review]: "My Sweetest Escape"
- [ARC Review]: "Deeper"
- Shifter-A-Thon-Read-A-Long: What Book Next? Feb 20...
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Surrendering to Us"
- Lusting for Covers (160)
- [Kame's Review]: "The Sweetest Seduction"
- "Prince of Blood and Steel" Teasers -- Part 3!
- [Review]: "Running the Red Light"
- [Blog Tour Spotlight]: "Bounty" + Giveaway!
- [Kame's Review]: "Rebel"
- [Blog Tour]: Interview with Kat Simons + Giveaway!...
- [Blog Tour Spotlight]: "Shadow of Sin" + Giveaway!...
- [Review]: "Catch a Ghost"
- [Musing Maddie's Review]: "After Forever"
- [Blog Tour Release Day Blitz]: "Fighting for Irish...
- Book Deals (8)
- Lusting for Covers (159)
- [Musing Maddie's Review]: "Forever + Always"
- [Review]: "Wilde For Her"
- Guest Post with Jackie Ashenden!
- [Pat's Review]: "Pushing the Line"
- Release Day Blitz: "Surrendering to Us" + Giveaway...
- Blog Tour: Short Story for "Born in Blood" + Givea...
- "Prince of Blood and Steel" Teasers -- Part 2!
- Reviews + Discussion: "Back To You" + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post with Renea Mason!
- Lusting for Covers (158)
- [Kame's Review]: "Blue Lines"
- [Blog Tour Spotlight]: "Secrets for Seducing a Roy...
- [Pat's Review]: "Beg Me to Slay"
- January's Pick for the Shifter-a-Thon-Read-a-Long!...
- "Prince of Blood and Steel" Teasers -- Part 1!
- ▼ January (47)
- ► 2013 (378)
- ► 2012 (278)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Contemporary Own Blog Tour Giveaway Lusting for Covers 4 Stars 5 Stars 4.5 Stars NetGalley ARC copy Historical Paranormal E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic Novella What did I receive? Teen Fantasy 3.5 Stars ShapeShifters 3 Stars Teen Romance Vampires Military England Random Stuff Erotica Contest Winner Contests Demons Scotland Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Deeper by Robin York
Publisher: Bantam (January 28, 2014)
Series: Caroline + West, 1
Genre: New Adult Contemporary
In this New Adult debut by Robin York, a college student is attacked online and must restore her name—and stay clear of a guy who’s wrong for her, but feels so right.
When Caroline Piasecki’s ex-boyfriend posts their sex pictures on the Internet, it destroys her reputation as a nice college girl. Suddenly her once-promising future doesn’t look so bright. Caroline tries to make the pictures disappear, hoping time will bury her shame. Then a guy she barely knows rises to her defense and punches her ex to the ground.
West Leavitt is the last person Caroline needs in her life. Everyone knows he’s shady. Still, Caroline is drawn to his confidence and swagger—even after promising her dad she’ll keep her distance. On late, sleepless nights, Caroline starts wandering into the bakery where West works.
They hang out, they talk, they listen. Though Caroline and West tell each other they’re “just friends,” their feelings intensify until it becomes impossible to pretend. The more complicated her relationship with West gets, the harder Caroline has to struggle to discover what she wants for herself—and the easier it becomes to find the courage she needs to fight back against the people who would judge her.
When all seems lost, sometimes the only place to go is deeper.
Where to Buy*:
I have read many reviews where the reader goes on and on about how the book tore her up, how she cried and raged. The term “ugly cry” is always mentioned two or three times in a very dramatic tone. I have always rolled my eyes at such claims. “Really? You cried – actually bawled, not just blinked back a stinging in your eyes? PLEASE!” I didn't understand what these readers could possible be reading to make such claims. I wondered if I was missing some crucial reader DNA; I feared I was IUC – Incapable of Ugly Crying.
Man was I wrong. And I now understand what other readers have known for years—ugly crying hurts. A lot.
Deeper is an amazing book, for many reasons, which I will get into later—but mainly because Robin York (aka, Ruthie Knox) taught me how to ugly cry. I think I may now be a pro, after 300 pages of West and Caroline's story. I finished Deeper nearly a month ago, and yet I'm still not over this book!
The ending (ha!) left me raw. The pain is still intense, but if you think that will stop me from reading Deeper again, you are wrong.
Already I've pre-ordered a copy for my keeper shelf. Because as hard as it was to read this book, it was so easy to love it.
I can't even begin to explain why I loved this book so much. It's the simple fact that I couldn't stop reading, even as my heart lay bleeding on the floor. I couldn't hate West, even though he has his rude moments.
There were many scenes I marked, and I know that when my copy arrives, I will have post-it notes everywhere. The many phone-sex scenes . . . the dirty talking . . . their first time . . . *shivers* Trust me – Deeper is very sexy, very dirty, yet so very, well, deep. West and Caroline's relationship is about more than just (hot, awesome) sex, though there is plenty of that!
Be prepared to cry, be prepared to scream at the pain, yet be prepared for sexy fun, too. Because even though Deeper broke me, it was worth it. York, you had better continue this story—I'm not sure I can survive without a HEA for these two troubled, yet brave, characters. If you are an ugly cry virgin, like I was, you may take my review as over-the-top drama. If you've done this before, then you know the routine, and even without having read this book yet, you are probably nodding your head, accustomed to these emotions. Either way, be sure to pick this one up; you may hate me for recommending it while the pain hits, but by the end you will thanking me!
~ * ~ * ~
I received an e-ARC of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for my honest opinion.
~ * ~ * ~
So -- are you an Ugly Cry Virgin? Do you have IUC? Or are you a pro? Share, please! :)
If you've read Ruthie Knox, you simply must read her debut as a New Adult author!
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
Labels: 5 Stars, ARC copy, Contemporary, NetGalley, New Adult, Review, Romance, TBQ's Favorites, TBQ's Reviews
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.