Thursday, December 5, 2013

Guest Post with Wendy Vella!

WELCOME BACK TO THE BLOG, WENDY! :) 


Wendy Vella is a lover of all things romantic. She started reading her first Georgette Heyer book at a young age and instantly fell in love with the Regency era. Writing is something she has always found time for; she penned her first novel at eighteen though she says it will never make an appearance further than the closet in which it currently resides.


After having her two children Wendy then joined RWNZ and started honing her chosen craft by entering competitions with some success and attending conferences. Her Clendon and Readers Choice award-winning historical romance The Reluctant Countess will debut in Jan 2013 with Random House in their Loveswept line.


She has an addiction to reading and loves a wide range of genres while her first love will always be historical. She relishes novels steeped in Romance and excitement with feisty heroines and delicious heroes, especially when they are set amongst the treacherous waters of London society.
Wendy is a sucker for a happy ending having secured her own. She has been married to her own dark brooding hero for 28 years and shares her home with two wonderful children, two dogs and anyone else who happens to be visiting at the time. Born and raised in a rural area in the North Island of New Zealand, Wendy loves the beaches and lush green rolling hills of her homeland and is proud to call herself a very patriotic Kiwi!




Where to Find Wendy:




~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 





Christmas Traditions







My husband calls me his Scary Elf during the festive season, simply because I morph from a usually sane and relaxed persona into a crazed shopping and decorating fiend. One important event that starts the Christmas spirit for me is the putting up of the tree.


On December 1st I erect it, and I choose this date because although I whinge and harp, my family will not let me put it up any earlier. My two adult children are forced to be there and I get fruit tarts (of which they hate but suffer loudly through) and turn on the Christmas Carols (again I am rationed to playing them only on six allocated dates throughout December, Christmas Day being one of those). Hubby places the tree and then says ‘it’s all yours’ and sinks onto the couch to eat, drink and make loud suggestions on decoration placement, son haphazardly throws a few bits around then joins him. Daughter and I then make our tree a work of art, well nearly. I won’t throw any decorations away; therefore the hand prints and macaroni angels my children made when they were three still have to be placed on the tree, albeit around the back. I even have my parents’ first decorations that they tried to throw out when my mother was going through her ‘classy Christmas tree phase,’  When we’re satisfied the tree can hold no more my son then settles Santa in his pride of place on the top.       
Placement of the battery operated ‘Ho, Ho, Ho’ Santa, ‘Let it snow’ singing snow man and ‘We wish you a Merry Christmas’ complete with seven jingling gold bells, Moose takes time as often I find them relocated to a dark cupboard as December progresses.


How about you, do you have any special traditions in your family?


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!



~Wendy Vella




~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ 







Lady in Disguise by Wendy Vella
Publisher: Wendy Vella (November 11, 2013) 
Series: The Langley Sisters, 1
Genre: Historical Romance

Desperate and penniless, Miss Olivia Langley is out of options. To ensure her family's survival she and her sister decide to take a drastic step - they don masks and take to the road as highwaymen. Disaster strikes when, inside the first carriage they rob, they find the one man Olivia had hoped never to see again. Five years ago Lord William Ryder had broken Livvy's heart. Now he has returned and she has a bad feeling that if anyone can succeed at unmasking her deepest secrets, it will be him. 



Will knew his return would be greeted with both joy and resentment, but after five years of hard living he was ready to come home and take his place in society. He had never forgotten Olivia no matter how hard he'd tried, and whilst he hadn't imagined she would welcome him with open arms, the hostility and anger she displays are at odds with the woman he once knew. It is not long before he realizes she's living a dangerous lie, and now that he’s back, Will is determined to keep her safe and finally claim her for his own.


Where to Buy*:
More Info:



~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Thanks for stopping by today, Wendy! :) I wish I had some great holiday tradition story to share, but, alas, my family is a bit boring, I guess!  Well, wait, every year we drive into the city, where they hold the Festival of Lights, set up for you to drive through with Christmas music softly playing in the background. They've changed a few things over the years, but basically it's remained the same. I've went every year for the last . . 15 or so years? We started doing this when I was maybe 5 or 6. It's a comforting tradition for us. 



How about you, do you have any special traditions in your family?




Enjoy!

Until Next Time,

Photobucket

  *TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

No comments :