Friday, July 26, 2013

[Kame's Review]: "The Story Guy"

The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers
Publisher: Loveswept (July 8, 2013)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
In this eBook original novella, Mary Ann Rivers introduces a soulful and sexy tale of courage, sacrifice, and love.

I will meet you on Wednesdays at noon in Celebration Park. Kissing only.

Carrie West is happy with her life . . . isn’t she? But when she sees this provocative online ad, the thirtysomething librarian can’t help but be tempted. After all, the photo of the anonymous poster is far too attractive to ignore. And when Wednesday finally arrives, it brings a first kiss that’s hotter than any she’s ever imagined. Brian Newburgh is an attorney, but there’s more to his life . . . that he won't share with Carrie. Determined to have more than just Wednesdays, Carrie embarks on a quest to learn Brian’s story, certain that he will be worth the cost. But is she ready to gamble her heart on a man who just might be The One . . . even though she has no idea how their love story will end?


Where to Buy*:
More Info:


Kame's Review:










Carrie is a thirty-something librarian.  Her life is predictable. One night when insomnia strikes she decides to amuse herself by looking at online postings and something catches her eye.

“I will meet you on Wednesdays at noon in Celebration Park. Kissing only…”

What if she answers, this park is right behind the library.

That small window of opportunity when Carrie sees the post and makes the decision to answer opens Carrie and Brian up to a wonderful love story. Carrie is a great character.  She is stable in her career, she has supportive friends and parents who want to be involved in her life; but somehow she does not have that special someone, that Story Guy.  In this novella Carrie could have had any number of careers, I love that she was a librarian and a teen section one at that. It is a career she has chosen, and embraced. She is the kind of character I would have as a friend. She is the perfect woman for Brian. Brian, I just adored Brian as a character. He knows what is missing in his life, but also knows the boundaries that he can pursue that missing piece. There are times my heart ached for him and the decisions he made for someone he loved. I could gush about Brian for pages but I don’t want to reveal too much as many of the great characteristics I could list would be spoilers to the essence of Brian.

This is a fantastic novella, the perfect length for this story.  Not a single character was wasted; all played an important role, each one having their own distinct personality. The whole novella was a perfect example of purposeful word choice. I vividly saw in my mind each scene and felt like I was hovering over it watching. The kissing and steamy scenes (yes there are a few steamy scenes) were incredibly written, I almost blushed with the characters.

You know when you read something new, something from an author you have never heard of before and you are just taken to a place you never knew existed, spent some time with the lives of characters you would want as friends; well you will get there when you read this novella.  I did not want it to end; I was having so much fun. I would enjoy reading more about Carrie and Brian and the path their lives take. I plan on reading more by Mary Ann Rivers, basically every word she publishes.







  5 STARS!





 ~*~*~*~

Kame received a copy of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for her honest opinion.
~*~*~*~



Meet Kame:

Kame is part of a family of readers; one day she picked up the Nook she purchased for her husband and discovered her love of e-books. A few months later he purchased one for her so he could have his back! Kame’s Nook is never far, and she is hard pressed to pick a favorite book, genre or author. As long as there are characters that make her want to sit down and have a chat and a plot keeps the pages turning, she’ll read it.

Kame's GoodReads 
 



~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Great review, Kame, I'm definitely putting this one on my list!


Do you like novellas? Do you have a favorite, or one that you felt was well written?









Enjoy!



Until Next Time,
Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

3 comments :

Red Iza said...

Oooooh, librarian heroin, on my list now ! Thanks for the review :)

Pat Egan Fordyce said...

Great review Kame....I loved this book !

Kame said...

I did too! I want more!