Friday, June 7, 2013

[Kame's Review]: "Tangled"

 
Tangled by Emma Chase
Publisher: Omnific Publishing; (May 19, 2013)  
Series: Tangled, 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?

Can Drew Evans win at love?

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.





Where to Buy*:
More Info:


Kame's Review:



“Most men can’t multitask. It’s true. That’ why you won’t catch many guys trying to make a full-course Thanksgiving dinner.”


There are hero POV books and then there is this book – I LOVED it.

Drew Evans is quite comfortable in his life.  He works hard and enjoys his free time on his own terms, no connections, no ties to any women.  Then one night in a bar he is mesmerized by the “endlessly dark” eyes he sees at a bar, and for the first time in his life when he turns on the charm he goes home alone and without her name. On Monday, Drew’s father introduces the firm to the new associate, Katherine Brooks.  Drew now knows the beautiful woman’s name.

Tangled is a romance told by the hero’s point of view.  Maybe calling Drew a hero gives the wrong impression, Drew does not do anything heroic in this book – well unless you count the fact that I was laughing throughout most of the book heroic. Not only is this book from Drew’s pure male point of view – but he takes the time to “explain” things to the reader.  Remember the movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”, Ferris would stop a scene and talk to the audience – that is exactly what Drew would do. Sometimes he was letting you know something about himself, sometimes he was funny, and sometimes irreverent, but you always know how Drew thinks.



“I once heard my mother tell my father that she shouldn’t have to explain why she was pissed. That if she didn’t already know what he’d done wrong, then he wasn’t really sorry for it. What the #$@ does that even mean? Newsflash, ladies; We can’t read your thoughts. And frankly, I’m not entirely sure I’d want to. The female mind is a scary place to be.”



The plot of this book is simple, nothing complex and really no real surprises.  I enjoyed the character interaction and dialog. The comedy of some scenes reminded me of “I Love Lucy”; especially the scene at the table Thanksgiving Day.  This book is good, and my 5 star review does not mean this book will change your life, impact the world or be the topic of a book club, the 5 star review says it’s a book that entertained me, that I enjoyed and I can recommend without reservation.

I purchased this book after a bunch of friends raved about it – go download it now for when you need a good laugh or a mindless beach read this summer!





 5 STARS!





 ~*~*~*~

Kame purchased this book.

*Note: Quotes used belong to Emma Chase; Kame and TBQ's Book Palace do not claim them.
~*~*~*~



Meet Kame:

Kame is part of a family of readers; one day she picked up the Nook she purchased for her husband and discovered her love of e-books. A few months later he purchased one for her so he could have his back! Kame’s Nook is never far, and she is hard pressed to pick a favorite book, genre or author. As long as there are characters that make her want to sit down and have a chat and a plot keeps the pages turning, she’ll read it.

Kame's GoodReads 
 



~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Who doesn't need a good entertaining book like this once in a while? Definitely going on my list, thanks for the review, Kame! :)


Do you like to splurge on a fun book once in a while? One that, like Kame said, isn't going to change your life, but will entertain you for a few hours--do you have a favorite?






Enjoy!



Until Next Time,
Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

6 comments :

Red Iza said...

Yay, it's on my list ! I'm looking forward to reading it, thanks for the review ;)

Kame said...

Thank you - It was a great read and the author has lots more from Drew on her webpage! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Debbie Haupt said...

Great review and that's a cover to lust after :)

Kame said...

Debbie - thanks for stopping by - I bought this book because my close group of book friends told me it was great but and the cover (fanning self) I didn't even read the blurb! I hope you enjoy it!

Colleen Isolde said...

This book keeps popping up on my Kindle as an Amazon recommended read for me and I keep waffling over it but now it has definitely been moved to my TBR pile. Great review!

Kame said...

Thanks Colleen - hey hmmm let's see if I can loan it to you...e-mail me your Kindle e-mail