Saturday, March 2, 2013

[Kame's Review]: "Breaking Point"


Breaking Point by Pamela Clare
Publisher: Berkley (May 3, 2011)
Series: I-Team, 5
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Denver journalist Natalie Benoit and Deputy U.S. Marshal Zach McBride find themselves captives of a bloodthirsty Mexican drug cartel. Working together, they escape through the desert toward the border, the attraction between them flaring hotter than the Sonoran sun. They fight to stay ahead of the danger that hunts them as forces more powerful than they can imagine conspire to destroy them both...


Where to Buy*:
AmazonKindleBN | NOOK | ARe
More Info:



Kame's Review:

  






 Iwant to give this book 6 stars!

You know when you really want some chocolate (or fill in your favorite treat) but you decide not to have any because you are trying to be “good”. But nothing tastes as good as that chocolate you want.  So finally just eat the chocolate and you smile! That is how this book was for me.  I knew it was the last full length ITeam book I would read until Striking Distance was released this fall.  So I was trying to wait and be patient, but I got into a reading rut, and finally I gave in.

Natalie Benoit is a member of the ITeam. For a change of scenery she goes to Mexico for a convention put together by the Society of Professional Journalists.  As they are being bussed from one location to another they are ambushed. The men who came onto to the bus kill all the Mexican journalists and take Natalie.  She is bound and thrown in a trunk of a car. Once they get to their destination she is taken out of the car and put in a dark cell.  And out of the darkness comes a voice.

Zach McBride is a Deputy US Marshall working the “line”, trying to take down a drug cartel. He is in a cell somewhere deep in Zeta territory, they are convinced he has stolen cocaine. He will endure the torture, he will die if he must, and he will not compromise his mission. When he has resigned himself to the fact it was the day he would die a voice saves him.





 "You are without a doubt the most amazing woman I’ve ever known."

 

This book was intense! Natalie and Zach’s escape from the Zeta compound is incredible.  Natalie has inner strength, and a strong determination to live.  She is my favorite ITeam heroine; smart, strong, resourceful, and caring to her core. Zach is haunted by his past and his present strangles his future.  He has common ITeam hero traits; he is resigned to a life alone and down to his core he will protect his love.

Again Pamela Clare delivers dialogue that is heart pounding during scenes of intense conflict, tender at private moments, and laugh out loud funny when all the ITeam husbands are around.



“Got enough leg room there Rossiter?” Marc asked, “You bet. If not, I’ll just make use of the overhead bin.”

 

Tonight I tried to describe to my best friend my favorite part of this book and I found I was telling her the whole plot.  There isn’t a part I didn’t like.  The interaction between Zach and Natalie was superb, the interaction with our past ITeam heroes and heroines was seamless to the story, and the plot was not like anything I have read before.  It has everything a good book should, great dialogue, heart wrenching suspense, characters you can’t help but love, and a hero and heroine who find a forever love.  It’s going on my favorite shelf!


  









5 STARS!



 ~*~*~*~

Kame owns this book.

*Note*: The quotes used are propety of Pamela Clare; Kame and TBQ's Book Palace do not claim them.

~*~*~*~



Meet Kame:

Kame is part of a family of readers; one day she picked up the Nook she purchased for her husband and discovered her love of e-books. A few months later he purchased one for her so he could have his back! Kame’s Nook is never far, and she is hard pressed to pick a favorite book, genre or author. As long as there are characters that make her want to sit down and have a chat and a plot keeps the pages turning, she’ll read it.

Kame's GoodReads 
 


~ * ~ * ~ * ~

I have this one sitting in my pile right now; I've been dying to read it, but kept putting it off so I could catch up on the series first. Would you suggest I continue to wait and read the books in order or just dive right in? :)






Enjoy!



Until Next Time,
Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

12 comments :

Colleen Isolde said...

The Book Queen: While I read the I-Team series out of order (I started with Skin Deep) but was still able to follow the story line ok, I would highly recommend reading the series in order. There are some inside jokes that make more sense when you have the background on the heroes and heroines of the series. I would also note that while I knew how certain incidents were resolved because I read Skin Deep first, I still became so caught up in the earlier stories that I found myself crying and worried about how things would end.

Kame, as you know from our numerous conversations and my endless nagging for you to read this book :) Zach is my favorite hero of the series and like you, Natalie is my favorite heroine of the series. Another great review! :)

Lover Of Romance said...

I have been wanting to read so much. I really loved the review, and especially the quotes. :) It just going to have to go on my TBR list!

The_Book_Queen said...

:) That's what I figured. I'm going to make sure then that I read this series in order, promise! :D
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Enjoy!
TBQ

The_Book_Queen said...

Oh, maybe if we can both find copies of book one around the same time, we could do a read-along discussion! :)
Enjoy!
TBQ

Kame said...

Ooo I would join the discussion!

kame said...

Thanks so much - those quotes are just a small bit of Pamela Clare's great writing - I have many highlighted sections on my Nook! - Start at Book 1

Kame said...

You have plenty of time - pace yourself Pamela Clare's new one in this series isn't coming out until November. I call dibs on the review! LOL!

Kame said...

I do love Natalie...and Zach is just amazing - but like you I have a soft spot for Nate too...who am I to complain - wouldn't really complain about any of the ITeam heroes! We need to read the new one at the same time so we can talk about it!

Lover Of Romance said...

Sounds like a plan!!!

The_Book_Queen said...

Done! :)

The_Book_Queen said...

;) It's all yours! Not because I don't trust that I'll love the series (I KNOW I will, just from reading Naked Edge a few years ago), but I'm confident that you will do the review justice. Plus, though I really hope to get started on the series ASAP, you know how my reading's been going--it may be next year before I can! *sigh* :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.