Saturday, February 2, 2013

[Kame's Review]: "Wallbanger"



Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
Publication Date: Omnific Publishing (November 27, 2012)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Caroline Reynolds has a fantastic new apartment in San Francisco, a KitchenAid mixer, and no O (and we’re not talking Oprah here, folks). She has a flourishing design career, an office overlooking the bay, a killer zucchini bread recipe, and no O. She has Clive (the best cat ever), great friends, a great rack, and no O.

Adding insult to O-less, since her move, she has an oversexed neighbor with the loudest late-night wallbanging she’s ever heard. Each moan, spank, and–was that a meow?–punctuates the fact that not only is she losing sleep, she still has, yep, you guessed it, no O.

Enter Simon Parker. (No, really, Simon, please enter.) When the wallbanging threatens to literally bounce her out of bed, Caroline, clad in sexual frustration and a pink baby-doll nightie, confronts her heard-but-never-seen neighbor. Their late-night hallway encounter has, well, mixed results. Ahem. With walls this thin, the tension’s gonna be thick…

In her third novel, Alice Clayton returns to dish her trademark mix of silly and steamy. Banter, barbs, and strutting pussycats, plus the sexiest apple pie ever made, are dunked in a hot tub and set against the gorgeous San Francisco skyline in this hot and hilarious tale of exasperation at first sight.



Where to Buy*:
More Info:



Kame's Review:

 





People say do not judge a book by its cover; well I am here to tell you don’t judge a book by its blurb either!  Even though all of my book club friends (Hi ladies!) told me I needed to read Wallbanger I didn’t. I had read the description a few times and it just didn’t get my interest; but the other night I could not find anything to read – so I decided to give it a try – OH MY.  Next time I will read what they tell me to faster.

Caroline has a great job, great friends and a fantastic new apartment she is subletting from her boss.  She has everything in her life she could want; well except for the presence of an “O”. After a quicker than quick “quickie” with a Pizza magnet she finds no matter what she tries she cannot reach an “O”.  She and her faithful cat, Clive, have just settled in for their first night in the new apartment and are awoken to a thump on the wall which is quickly followed by the realization the people next door where reaching their “O”. After many nights of “thumping” disruptions Caroline has lost all patience and storms out into the hall banging on her neighbor’s door until he answers. That is how Caroline and Simon meet – she clad in a pink nightie and he in a sheet. Simon becomes the lead actor in Caroline’s sexy “O” free dreams, but still her most irritating neighbor; that is until they call a truce when their best friends start dating.










“My life has become theater of the absurd with a cat chorus”
  
The dialogue in this book is just laugh out loud funny. Caroline has a wonderful sense of humor, her internal dialogues are hilarious. Clive is the perfect sounding board for these dialogues and often lends to the comedic play of a scene.  We soon discover a soft side to Simon, he is reflective and purposeful in his life, and I found it refreshing. Some of my favorite scenes were between Clive and Simon. Caroline and Simon’s connection was strong; sometimes I could almost feel the sparks coming off the page. And their banter is witty and true to character; some of the best I have read. The only thing this book was missing was MORE.  I was having so much fun with Caroline and Simon I didn’t want it to end.  I have honestly gone back and reread chapters since I finished the book last night. I will definitely look for more books by Alice Clayton.


4 1/2 STARS!  
  

~*~*~*~

Kame picked this book up on her own.

*NOTE*: The quote used in this review is the property of Alice Clayton. Kame and TBQ's Book Palace do not claim it in anyway.

~*~*~*~



Meet Kame:

Kame is part of a family of readers; one day she picked up the Nook she purchased for her husband and discovered her love of e-books. A few months later he purchased one for her so he could have his back! Kame’s Nook is never far, and she is hard pressed to pick a favorite book, genre or author. As long as there are characters that make her want to sit down and have a chat and a plot keeps the pages turning, she’ll read it.

Kame's GoodReads 
 


~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sounds like a fun book, I'll have to add it to my list! Thanks for the review, Kame! :)


Enjoy!



Until Next Time,
Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

4 comments :

Colleen Isolde said...

Great review! I felt the same way about this book. The blurb did nothing for me and it wasn't until I started hearing from others about how good and funny it was that I read it. There were definite times I had tears rolling down my face because I was laughing so hard. I'm also looking forward to more from Alice Clayton.

kame said...

Thanks Colleen! I can't wait to read more by her too! It's a NO ARCHIVE book for me for sure!

Pat F said...

I have this book, started it, and loved it...but other things got in the way. thansk Kame for reminding me to go back to it! Great review.

Lover Of Romance said...

Great Review! I haven't yet read this one, I have been debating whether or not to. But after reading your review, I think I really want to try it out.