Right now I am...
~Accepting Reviews (If I do not personally have the time, perhaps one of my guest reviewers might. See my Review Policy for more information.)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Amanda McIntyre + Giveaway...
- Blog Tour Blurb Blitz: "Shameless" + Giveaway!
- Kame + TBQ's Interview w/ S.L. Scott + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Hanna Peach!
- Lusting for Covers (109)
- [Kame's Review]: "Naked Edge"
- [Review]: "Haunted Laird" + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Nana Malone!
- Lusting for Covers (108)
- [Royal Treats]: Tomato Mac Soup!
- Kame + TBQ's Interview w/ Ranae Rose!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Ann Gimpel!
- Blog Tour Promo: "Gabrielle's Cauldron"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ A.M. Hargrove + Giveaway!...
- Guest Post w/ Sarah M. Anderson + Giveaway!
- Interview w/ Wendy Vella!
- Lusting for Covers (107)
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Lori Sjoberg + Giveaway!
- [ARC Review]: "How to Misbehave"
- [ARC Review]: "Highland Games"
- Blog Tour Promo: "Gambling on a Secret"
- [Review]: "A Wild Night's Bride"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Tina Donahue + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (106)
- [Review]: "His Christmas Wish"
- ▼ January (25)
- ► 2012 (278)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Contemporary Blog Tour Own Giveaway Lusting for Covers 4 Stars 5 Stars 4.5 Stars NetGalley ARC copy Historical Paranormal Guest Post E-Book Author Interview NOR 3.5 Stars Novella Magic What did I receive? ShapeShifters Teen Fantasy 3 Stars Teen Romance Vampires Military Erotica England Contest Winner Random Stuff Contests Demons Scotland Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
A Wild Night's Bride by Victoria Vane
Publisher: Breathless Press (April 25, 2012)
Series: The Devil DeVere, 1
Genre: Historical Romance
What happens when a struggling actress and a grieving widower come together in a night of unbridled debauchery orchestrated by a bored and machinating rake? With the devil in charge...there will be hell to pay!
She’s a lonely lady down on her luck... Phoebe Scott, alias Kitty Willis, is a struggling Covent Garden actress with a bruised heart and a closely guarded secret.
He’s steadfast and eminently respectable.. Sir Edward Chambers, Ned to his intimates, is guilt-ridden over his beloved wife’s death and avowed to live out a rustic and mundane life … of celibacy.
With the devil in charge — there will surely be hell to pay. Devil in disguise, Viscount Ludovic DeVere, is determined to return his best friend, Ned, to the land of the living. His meddling machinations result in a night of mind blowing passion after which “dull dog Ned” awakes to find himself in the King of England’s bed!
Where to Buy*:
A Wild Night's Bride is a quick historical romp, one filled with scandal and wagers.
I had a few doubts about the way Phoebe went about to get a protector, as well as Ned's failure to remember anything about their night together (although he knows he loves her), but overall I still really liked this book. I look forward to the rest of the series, curious to see how some of the other characters' stories turn out.
Random Rant---It didn't really hit me until the very end of the book, but Phoebe is only 4 years older than Ned's daughter. That's just...wrong, in my opinion. Or perhaps “odd” is the more accurate word. After realizing this, it changed my opinion on the couple a bit. That would make her (Phoebe), only a toddler when Ned married and had a child. And now they're married. o.0
3 STARS! Although I may not have loved this one, I still liked it; it was a quick read and I found it entertaining at times, what with all the scandals going on. If you want to try something a little different, pick this one up!
~ * ~ * ~
I received an e-copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.
~ * ~ * ~
I will still continue this series, it's kind of interesting the way so many of the characters' stories tie in. :)
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008