Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Amanda McIntyre + Giveaway...
- Blog Tour Blurb Blitz: "Shameless" + Giveaway!
- Kame + TBQ's Interview w/ S.L. Scott + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Hanna Peach!
- Lusting for Covers (109)
- [Kame's Review]: "Naked Edge"
- [Review]: "Haunted Laird" + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Nana Malone!
- Lusting for Covers (108)
- Recipe Share: Tomato Mac Soup
- Kame + TBQ's Interview w/ Ranae Rose!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Ann Gimpel!
- Blog Tour Promo: "Gabrielle's Cauldron"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ A.M. Hargrove + Giveaway!...
- Guest Post w/ Sarah M. Anderson + Giveaway!
- Interview w/ Wendy Vella!
- Lusting for Covers (107)
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Lori Sjoberg + Giveaway!
- [ARC Review]: "How to Misbehave"
- [ARC Review]: "Highland Games"
- Blog Tour Promo: "Gambling on a Secret"
- [Review]: "A Wild Night's Bride"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Tina Donahue + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (106)
- [Review]: "His Christmas Wish"
- ▼ January (25)
- ► 2012 (278)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Contemporary Paranormal 4 Stars 5 Stars E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy Teen Romance ShapeShifters Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
WELCOME TO THE BLOG, A.M.! :)
“Boss, is that you?”
“Why yes A.M., who else would be answering my phone?”
“Er… right. Well, I’m calling to let you know you can pick up my luxury Ford Focus at Starbucks near the interstate because I quit.”
A.M. hit the end button and speed dialed her husband.
“Hi hubs, can you pick me up at Starbucks?”
“Sure hon… having some car trouble?”
“Not at all. I need a ride because I just quit my job.”
“It’s time for a new career and I am going to be a very famous novelist.”
So began A. M. Hargrove’s career as a young adult paranormal romance author of self-published ebooks.
Well, it didn’t happen exactly like that. The real story is that after years as a successful sales manager in the world of pharmaceuticals, her company was gobbled up by a larger one and her career came to a screeching halt. Always one to look at the glass as being half full, she took the job loss as an opportunity to forge down the path of her life-long dream– that of becoming a writer. Her series, The Guardians of Vesturon, centers around a family of six siblings and is a mix of humor, mystery, suspense and of course, love. The books in the series are listed in order: Beginnings (a prequel novella), Survival, Resurrection and Determinant. Beginnings can be read at any time and Determinant, even though it is the third book in the series, can be read as a stand alone novel.
Where to Find A.M.:
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
The Creation of Jurek
I often get asked how I developed Jurek...where did he come from?
When I was writing Determinant, my third book in the Guardians of Vesturon, I wanted a bad guy. Someone who was powerful and had no conscience. I began writing about him...wove him into the story and somehow he started to take over. I had to temper him, reign him in so to speak. He came so alive on the pages.
After Determinant was published, I started getting comments about how the MC of the story, Rykerian, who was this kind, gentle soul, was super hot and sweet, but that Jurek was that bad boy everyone wanted more of.
That’s how Dark Waltz was born. I had to soften him in Determinant since it’s in the YA/NA genre, but I didn’t hold anything back in Dark Waltz. Jurek is a mess. He’s had a couple of bad experiences that have hardened him into this emotionless a**hat, if you will. If you read the reviews on Dark Waltz, you’ll notice how the readers say they dislike him at the beginning. But then...BAM! He hits them in the gut and takes over. That’s sort of what he does to Liasare too. But he’s torn between wanting to protect her and wanting to keep her close to him as his very own. He just doesn’t know how to do it in the right way. In fact, everything he does is wrong. Add to this whole mix the fact that his species is the most powerful in the universe and a relationship between them could actually harm her. It becomes extremely difficult for the two of them. But you learn more and more about him, and in the sequel, Death Waltz, you’ll learn even more.
But that’s all I’ll give away today...if you want to learn more about this really Bad Boy, you’re just going to have to read Dark Waltz. But I’ll give you fair warning-- you won’t get warm fuzzies from Jurek at the beginning.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Publisher: A.M. Hargrove (Nov 7th, 2012)
Series: Praestani, 1
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Attention: This is an ADULT Book!
Dark Waltz--A sizzling legend of loss, lust and love.
It’s the year 2030 and the human population has been annihilated by a virulent form of small pox. Liasare Davidson is desperately searching for her brother, who has been missing for three months. It’s been eighteen years since she was evacuated from Earth and she is horrified to see it’s become a cesspool of unimaginable things.
In her quest to find her brother, she meets Jurek, a powerful and enigmatic being that frightens her, yet she is unable to resist. When things begin to unfold between them, they both discover a paralyzing truth that puts Liasare at grave risk. She must make a choice to join Jurek and find her brother or fulfill a role she believes she is ill equipped to undertake.
Where to Buy*:
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
a Rafflecopter giveaway
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Ooh, love the cover -- I cannot wait to read this one! As well as your NA series, too. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008