Friday, December 7, 2012

[Kame's Review]: "What a Girl Wants"



What a Girl Wants by Selena Robins
Publisher: Samhain Publishing (March 1, 2011)
Genre: Contemporary Romance

She's got the moxie. He's got the sexy.

 "Life's a beach. Then you have sex on it."
Travel journalist Maddie Saunders has new attitude, and wants two new accessories to go with it. One, turn her triple-X fantasies into reality with Mr. Sex-On-Legs-her friend, Alex Donovan. And two, find her biological father to see if her gene pool has a deep end. She never expected fulfilling both wishes would take her life down a drastically different path.

"Sometimes you're the windshield, and sometimes you're the bug." Alex, an investigative reporter, grits his teeth when he accepts a joint assignment to Hawaii with Maddie. He's vowed to never get involved with any woman he can't walk away from. Maddie falls under the heading of "Look, but don't touch." Trouble is, she excels at giving him a hard time-in more ways than one. He manages to fend off her guerilla seduction tactics until a bone-melting kiss throws his resolve into the ocean. Complicated? Absolutely. Especially when he discovers the real reason they were sent to the island...

Warning: Side effects may include but not limited to, spontaneous, uncontrollable laughter, hot flashes and dangerous chocolate cravings. Contents include, one kick-ass heroine and a sex-on-legs hero whose kiss could singe the eyebrows off a mannequin. Can be read in bed with someone special or a BOB (battery operated boyfriend). Please note: Batteries not included.

Where to Buy*:
More Info:



Kame's Review:

When I was in Middle School and High School I had a male best friend that I had feelings for. My GuyPal stayed a pal and we never had a romance.  I loved the premise of this book, mostly because I could identify with it so well. 






Maddie is an adventure and chocolate junkie, and she has the best job. She writes about her adventures for her uncle’s magazine. She is about to leave for a trip to a Hawaiian island for a few weeks of research for an article. She is shopping for a few more essentials for her trip.  Namely a curve hugging little black dress that will aid her in attaining her most exciting adventure of all; convincing the other journalist on this trip to spend this trip in each other’s arms.  Alex is her best friend and fellow journalist.  They have been buddies for a long time. His going on this trip is to conduct an interview with the elusive Maxwell Hollister. Alex has feelings for Maddie also, feelings he is keeping to himself; as he would rather keep their friendship than have a short fling.  He keeps to this ideal through all of Maddie’s attempts to convince him otherwise, and it is when she gave up and goes dancing with another man that Alex loses his internal struggle.  And the love they find is more amazing than they imagined.

Their journey to Happily Ever After (HEA) would be a fantastic read alone for the beautiful location and delightful characters. This wonderful book also has a wonderful subplot of Maddie’s personal journey to find out who she is biologically.  Maddie never knew her father, and she has hired a private investigator to help her get the answers she has always wanted but her mother has never been willing to provide. Of course neither the journey to HEA or to find her father could be complete without a few funny happenings along the way. Selena Robins can sure write romantic comedy.

I won this book from the blog Kindles & Wine.  I was so excited as it was on my To Be Purchased to Read list.  I enjoy Selena’s whit and quirky characters. I look forward to visiting with more of them in the futu


 4 1/2 STARS!

~*~*~*~
Kame won a copy of this book in a giveaway.

~*~*~*~



Meet Kame:

Kame is part of a family of readers; one day she picked up the Nook she purchased for her husband and discovered her love of e-books. A few months later he purchased one for her so he could have his back! Kame’s Nook is never far, and she is hard pressed to pick a favorite book, genre or author. As long as there are characters that make her want to sit down and have a chat and a plot keeps the pages turning, she’ll read it.

Kame's GoodReads 
 


~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Once again, the summary pulled me in and your review sealed the deal, Kame! Thanks for sharing, I'm putting this one on my list for sure! :)



Don't forget to come back

Wed (12/12) when Kame

and I will both be

interviewing Selena Robins!

Let the fun begin..



Enjoy!



Until Next Time,
Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

12 comments :

Pat Egan Fordyce said...

Great review of a wonderful book! Thanks Kame! Will definitely be back for the interview............

Denise A. Agnew said...

It is one great book. I've had the honor of reading it. There's nothing I like better than reading a novel that's "different" and has great characterization. :)

kame said...

Denise - thanks for stopping by. I agree this is nothing like I have read before - no tired story lines for Selena

kame said...

Thank you Pat - I can't wait to interview Selena!

Colleen Isolde said...

Great review! I really enjoyed this book, especially the comedic aspects of Maddie and Alex getting together. I scared my dogs from laughing so hard. I'll be looking forward to the interview.

kame said...

Thank you Colleen - wow scared your dogs! I woke my husband up reading in bed!

Colleen Isolde said...

The shower scene nearly killed me. :)

kame said...

HA! Not what you see every day in a romance book's shower scene

Thecrazygranny said...

Great review Kame. I have this in my TBR pile. I'm moving up closer to the top. I was going to wait for Selena's next book and read them together but I don't think I will be able to wait.

The_Book_Queen said...

Oh boy, now you two have my full attention! LOL. I'm glad to hear that you both so enjoyed the book, I'll definitely be picking it up soon!
Enjoy,
TBQ

Kame said...

Granny - read it now - then read it again when her other book comes out! Thank you for stopping by Granny!

kame said...

It is a shower scene like no other - and as you everyone will find out in our interview with Selena completely unexpected!