Right now I am...
~Accepting Reviews (If I do not personally have the time, perhaps one of my guest reviewers might. See my Review Policy for more information.)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- ► 2013 (378)
- [Royal Treats]: "Happy" Potatoes!
- Lusting for Covers (105)
- Blog Tour Promo: "Kiss of the Betrayer" + Giveaway...
- [ARC Review]: "One Good Earl Deserves a Lover"
- Blog Tour Promo: "The Stone Guardian"
- [Review]: "Deck the Halls with Love"
- [ARC Review]: "Demon's Curse"
- Lusting for Covers (104)
- [Review]: "The Ugly Duchess"
- [Kame's Review]: "Battered Not Broken"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Broods of Fenrir"
- Blog Tour Promo: "Marked by Odin"
- Interview w/ Debra Smith + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour Promo: "A Feast of Souls" + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour Promo: "Tempted by the Storm"
- Lusting for Covers (103)
- [Review]: "Offside"
- Blog Tour Spotlight: "Shadow's Play" + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Promo on "Come Fill Me" + Giveaway!
- Kame and TBQ Interview Selena Robins!
- Avon Addicts Blog Hop + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w Abbey MacInnis + Giveaway!...
- Lusting for Covers (102) [And a Cover Reveal/Givea...
- [Kame's Review]: "What a Girl Wants"
- Blog Tour: "Ava's Pleasure" Blitz + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour Promo: "Not Quite Dating" + Giveaway!
- [Review]: "A Highlander Christmas"
- [Kame's Review]: "No Flowers Required"
- Lusting for Covers (101)
- ▼ December (29)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Contemporary Blog Tour Own Giveaway Lusting for Covers 4 Stars 5 Stars 4.5 Stars NetGalley ARC copy Historical Paranormal Guest Post E-Book Author Interview NOR 3.5 Stars Novella Magic What did I receive? ShapeShifters Teen Fantasy 3 Stars Teen Romance Vampires Military Erotica England Contest Winner Random Stuff Contests Demons Scotland Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
WELCOME TO THE BLOG, HAILEY! :)
Born in the Deep South, Hailey is a lifelong resident of Alabama. Her husband works for the local sheriff’s department and her daughter is counting down the days until she’s old enough to audition for American Idol. Her doxie, Black Ilex, helps Hailey write by snoozing in his recliner in her office.
Her desire to explore without leaving the comforts of home fueled her love of reading and writing. Whenever the itch for adventure strikes, Hailey can be found with her nose glued to her Kindle’s screen or squinting at her monitor as she writes her next happily-ever-after.
Where to Find Hailey:
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Publisher: Samhain Publisher (December 18th, 2012)
Series: Aranea Nation, 2
Genre: Fantasy Romance
The only way to save her is to bind their souls as one.
Araneae Nation, Book 2
Born with the ability to communicate with the dead, few things take Mana by surprise. But when a canis lopes into her life, announcing himself as the long-dead father of a childhood friend, she’s shocked. To make matters worse, he has a dire message that she alone can deliver.
Now Mana must face Vaughn, the male who inspired one too many girlish fantasies, and impart the spirit’s message—without acknowledging her source—so the soul can be laid to rest.
With rumors of a burgeoning clan war setting his nerves on edge, the last thing Vaughn needs is for an innocent to get caught in the crosshairs. But the woman he remembers as an awkward girl refuses to leave his side until he’s heard her out. That’s not the only change in her that calls to him. Her kindness soothes his battle-scarred soul—and he craves her in ways a warrior shouldn’t.
When they are both captured, they learn of an even greater threat. The plague devastating the southlands has come to his clan home. And his best—and only—chance to keep his people alive is the female who walks among the dead.
Product Warnings: This book contains one fierce hero with a nose for danger, one stubborn heroine who smells like trouble, and one wolfish spirit who makes most relationships with the in-laws seem downright tame. Fur, fangs and some biting should be expected. But never fear, the hero has a sword, and he knows how to use it.
Where to Buy*:
A Feast of Souls by Hailey Edwards
Cool wind swirled dust about my ankles and set my nape tingling. This far belowground, the crisp breeze nipping my heels meant one thing. There was no vent down here, no source of fresh air.
My knees locked so hard, so fast, I stumbled. “Hello?”
One cautious step forward and pain radiated from my shoulder. I spun and met the surprised gaze of the spirit I’d summoned earlier. So he’d expected his jab to pass through me. Well, I had too.
Sweet wine rose bitter up the back of my throat. On his palm sat a tin, my tin, the one I filled with burnt offerings, the one I must have forgotten to put in my pocket after Vaughn startled me.
When the spirit poked my shoulder, more insistent, I rocked on my heels, and he bared those vicious teeth of his. Heart pounding, I realized how foolish I’d been to forget such a basic tenet.
Offerings burnt to summon a spirit link its essence to yours. Old Father’s voice rang through my head. Leave nothing behind. Leave it no power over you. Leave it no gateway into this world.
Relishing his newfound ability, the spirit tossed me against the tunnel wall and braced his forearm across my throat. While I gasped for air, he turned his head and kept his face in shadow.
“Tell him,” he said again.
“I don’t…understand.” I gulped. “Who do you…mean?”
More pressure. More dots danced before my eyes. Wind howled. “Tell him.”
It was impossible for him to watch my every move while his head was turned. I made use of his blind spot and fumbled the pocket of my gown. Nestled beside the crystal was a bag of herbs. I carried dragon’s blood at all times. It was the strongest bane against spirits. Thank the gods for small mercies. As I fought the tie and clutched the herb in my hand, I asked, “Tell him what?”
He traced the spot where fangs had rasped not so long ago. “Tell him.”
A flicker of fear for Vaughn raised hairs along my nape. “I’m sorry.” But the spirit gave me no choice.
I shook my hand, and dried herbs caught the wind and pelted him. His howl of rage gave me the opening I needed to cup his mouth with my palm and force a generous handful of herb inside. He snapped at me, fangs ripping through my palm, but I held tight and prayed to the gods until his form swirled and vanished with a throttled cry of fury. I leaned against the wall until I could breathe again. My head cracked on packed dirt, but I welcomed the reminder I was alive.
Vision swimming, I blinked the ground into focus. No tin. I swallowed hard and tasted bile. Oily residue coated my palm. The first time touching a spirit in this world and it had left a mark.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Hailey is gifting one lucky commenter from each tour stop, a digital copy of a title from her backlist. (A Feast of Souls is not included in the options.) The contest is open internationally and will run the duration of the tour (ending 12:01am EST 12/22/12). The winner(s) will be randomly selected and notified via email.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Remember to follow the rest of the tour for more fun posts and a better chance of winning! Good Luck
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Yet another book I'll be adding to my list! :)
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.