Right now I am...
~Accepting Reviews (If I do not personally have the time, perhaps one of my guest reviewers might. See my Review Policy for more information.)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- ► 2013 (378)
- [Royal Treats]: "Happy" Potatoes!
- Lusting for Covers (105)
- Blog Tour Promo: "Kiss of the Betrayer" + Giveaway...
- [ARC Review]: "One Good Earl Deserves a Lover"
- Blog Tour Promo: "The Stone Guardian"
- [Review]: "Deck the Halls with Love"
- [ARC Review]: "Demon's Curse"
- Lusting for Covers (104)
- [Review]: "The Ugly Duchess"
- [Kame's Review]: "Battered Not Broken"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Broods of Fenrir"
- Blog Tour Promo: "Marked by Odin"
- Interview w/ Debra Smith + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour Promo: "A Feast of Souls" + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour Promo: "Tempted by the Storm"
- Lusting for Covers (103)
- [Review]: "Offside"
- Blog Tour Spotlight: "Shadow's Play" + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Promo on "Come Fill Me" + Giveaway!
- Kame and TBQ Interview Selena Robins!
- Avon Addicts Blog Hop + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w Abbey MacInnis + Giveaway!...
- Lusting for Covers (102) [And a Cover Reveal/Givea...
- [Kame's Review]: "What a Girl Wants"
- Blog Tour: "Ava's Pleasure" Blitz + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour Promo: "Not Quite Dating" + Giveaway!
- [Review]: "A Highlander Christmas"
- [Kame's Review]: "No Flowers Required"
- Lusting for Covers (101)
- ▼ December (29)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Contemporary Own Blog Tour Giveaway Lusting for Covers 4 Stars 5 Stars 4.5 Stars NetGalley ARC copy Historical Paranormal E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic Novella What did I receive? Teen Fantasy 3.5 Stars ShapeShifters 3 Stars Teen Romance Vampires Military England Random Stuff Erotica Contest Winner Contests Demons Scotland Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
Monday, December 10, 2012
WELCOME TO THE BLOG, ABBEY! :)
Abbey MacInnis is a published author of Contemporary Western romance. Along with Contemporary, she writes Historical, Paranormal and erotic romance. Whether she’s being swept off her feet by a Medieval knight, regency rake, or cowboy or cop, her heroes are always strong men who’ll love their women unconditionally.
On most days, Abbey can be found at her computer, penning her latest tale. A tale where love, respect, and passion combine to create a satisfying and happy ending. She invites you to step in to the pages of her romances, to leave your worries behind and get swept up in her world.
Where to Find Abbey:
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Writing a Holiday Themed Romance
Thanks TBQ's Book Palace for having me here today! I’m so happy to be here!
I love the holiday season. There’s something about this time of year that always makes me smile. Whether it’s spending time with my family, seeing how happy everyone is after receiving their presents. Singing Christmas carols, eating, of course. That’s an event in my family in itself. Alternatively, planning for the holidays, which for me means singing holiday music in September, searching for the best bargains for those perfect gifts for my family members, and doing all the baking that comes with this time of year. I can’t help get in to the spirit.
With my latest book, Holiday Jinx, I wanted to combine some of my favorite components of the holidays. Mainly, romance, happiness, a little magic, and love. You’ll have to see how that last comes about. *g*
Force together two CEOs with two different personalities and past experiences, two competing toy companies with extremely different ideas of how to run them, a nosy elf who can’t seem to stop causing mischief, a blizzard, and cozy cabin complete with fireplace. Throw in a snowball fight, an occasional appearance from a Santa Clause most children would run from. Family drama, and of course, mistletoe, and you have, in my opinion, the perfect holiday story.
Under all the holiday cheer though, are two wounded yet strong characters. I loved exploring Chris and Natalie’s pasts. Chris can be very dark and cynical. You might call him a Scrooge, but once you understand him, it’s not tough to see why he is the way he is. I had so much fun bringing he and Natalie together because they’re so different, but yet they have so much in common. I loved seeing them each change throughout the story. I didn’t’ think combining the romantic tropes of forced proximity with magic and an alpha male would be so fun yet so challenging to write.
In my personal life, family has been, and will always be important to me. My heroine, Natalie feels the same. She has much to overcome during the course of this story where family’s concerned. She has to learn a hard lesson along the way. Keeping her emotional arc developing realistically wasn’t too difficult for me because in real life, you can’t always immediately forgive a wrong committed against you. Though this is a holiday story, it isn’t too dark, but I had to keep it real.
Some of the scenes I had the most fun writing were with Jinx. Jinx was the catalyst for this whole book. I had to be very careful not to have her overshadow the evolving relationship between Chris and Natalie. How might you feel if you knew an elf was attempting to manipulate your interactions and feelings for another? I felt sorry for Jinx. I found myself rooting for her as well as my hero and heroine. Moreover, as for Old Saint Nick and his less than jovial self, you wouldn’t be so happy if an elf almost put you out of business. *g* I loved the freedom that fantasy played in this book as well. Santa and Jinx magic and worlds were a lot of fun to play with and manipulate.
I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I did writing it. I hope it makes you smile and maybe laugh alittle at Jinx’s antics. And I hope it might bring you some holiday cheer too.
Thanks again to everyone here at the Book Palace for hosting me. I’d love to hear from you.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Publisher: Abbey MacInnis (November 23, 2012)
Genre: Contemporary Romance [with a little paranormal twist]
It’s the most wonderful time of the year…unless you’re single and lonely.
Jinx—one of Santa’s elves—is in trouble with the Big Guy. She’s been charged with bringing holiday happiness to Christopher Ragan, CEO of Wondrous Toys. It’s a big job especially when he’s more attached to the bottom of a bottle than helping his fellow man.
She’s got enough trouble without spilling the secrets of the North Pole, but then along comes Natalie Burnes, a newbie CEO of Enchanted Toys and in trouble of a hostile takeover from Christopher’s company. The woman literally crashes Christopher’s vacation plans in a tucked away Michigan cabin---and the sparks start flying.
As if Jinx’s job of matchmaking the toy makers isn’t hard enough, she’s got to stay one step ahead of the North Pole patrol and keep out of sight of the humans. No way is she gonna screw up and lose her magic again. If the humans can’t find happiness and love by Christmas, Jinx forfeits her chance of seeing her true love too. What’s an elf to do?
Where to Buy*:
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Abbey is gifting one randomly drawn commenter from each tour stop a $5 electronic gift certificate to either Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble.com; Winners’ choice. Additionally, Abbey is gifting a Grand Prize tour wide giveaway of a zip file filled with various author digital book donations. The winner can only win ONCE during the entire tour. Please leave a comment with your broken up email addy and follow the Rafflecopter directions. The giveaway is open internationally and the winners will be notified via email after the close of the tour.
How to Enter:
- Leave a comment on this post [with your email addy, please!]
- Fill out the Rafflecopter for the grand prize!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.