Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Lisa Mondello!
- Lusting for Covers (96)
- Blog Tour: "Claimed by Dragons" Promo Spot!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Christina McKnight!
- Lusting for Covers (95)
- Blog Tour: "Shadow of the Blood Moon" Excerpt!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Kathy Kulig + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (94)
- Guest Post with Danielle Lisle + Giveaway!
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Christi Snow!
- Lusting for Covers (93)
- Blog Tour Guest Post + Giveaway w/ Alyssa Rose Ivy...
- October Ink Readers
- [Kame's Review]: "No Place to Run"
- [Review]: "The Way to the Duke's Heart" + Giveaway...
- ▼ October (16)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Paranormal Contemporary 4 Stars E-Book 5 Stars Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy ShapeShifters Teen Romance Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Friday, October 5, 2012
WELCOME TO THE BLOG, ALYSSA! :)
Alyssa Rose Ivy lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children. Although raised in the New York area, she fell in love with the South after moving to New Orleans for college. After years as a perpetual student, she turned back to her creative side and decided to write.
Where to Find Alyssa:
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Creating the Ultimate Secondary Characters
I love creating new characters; it’s my favorite part about writing a new book. There is something satisfying when a character transforms from an idea into a “real” person. Although the focus is usually on the main characters, I’m a firm believer that the secondary characters can be just as important.
Secondary characters can have a lot of uses in a story, some of which are unintended. I ended up writing an entire companion novel to one of my books because I loved a secondary character so much. Even if a character never gets their own “staring role,” they can still really enhance the reading experience.
My favorite secondary character in Flight has to be Hailey. I love her spunkiness, and how real she is. Her part definitely grows in later books, and I can’t wait to watch her develop. I also love Jared and Owen. As Levi’s best friends, they stay on the side-lines for most of Flight, but their personalities are definitely strong and a lot of fun.
Does anyone else love secondary characters as much as I do?
~ Alyssa Rose Ivy
Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (August 15, 2012)
Series: The Crescent Chronicles, 1
Genre: YA/New Adult Paranormal
Sometimes you just have to take flight.
A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.
Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.
Where to Buy*:
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
*GIVEAWAY IS TOUR WIDE!*
During the tour, ONE print copy will be
given away (US only) + TWO
given away (US only) + TWO
How to Enter:
- Fill out the Rafflecopter below--all entries go into the same 'hat'. Visit the other stops on the tour for more chances to win!
Giveaway and Tour ends Oct. 15th---Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Thanks for stopping by, Alyssa! :) I love finding great secondary characters, often they can steal the show from the h/hr. And may I say I love the cover! I look forward to reading Flight, it sounds amazing!
Okay, readers, don't forget Alyssa's question for you:
Does anyone else love secondary
characters as much as I do?
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008