Tuesday, August 7, 2012

[Review]: "Just One Drop"



Just One Drop by Quinn Loftis
Series: The Grey Wolves, 3
Genre: YA Paranormal
Jennifer Adams, best friend to Jacque Pierce and Sally Morgan, spicy, out spoken, a little crazy and human...or so she thought. Jen has just found out that human DNA is not the only thing that resides in her veins, she happens to share that little pesky werewolf gene, although it isn't more than just a drop. Now that she and her friends are living in Romania with Fane's pack, she is also oh so conveniently stuck with the object of her affection, the fur ball Decebel. Drawn to each other by something they don't understand Jen finds herself frustrated by the lack of mating signs between her and said fur ball. Not only is she dealing with that not so un-frustrating problem, she now has been informed that because of that little drop of werewolf blood in her she is now required to attended a multi-pack gathering for un-mated wolves. This type of gathering hasn't taken place in over a century but with a shortage of females among the werewolf population the males are getting worried they won't ever find their true mates.
Meanwhile Decebel struggles with the emotions he is feeling towards Jen. He tries to keep his distance but there is just something about the mouthy blonde that keeps him coming back for more of her verbal abuse that he just can't seem to get enough of...go figure.

Where to Buy*:
More Info:


My Review:

While this series has improved greatly with each book, Just One Drop is my favorite by far!



I loved how Jen's stubborn, wild, and witty side came out in this book. I also loved the banter between Decebel and Jen, especially the sexy build up between them. Even though this is a YA series, it is not for the younger teens, yet man fans of adult romances will also find this book to their liking.



The only real complain I have is this: I did find that the ending was far too rushed and felt incomplete. By the last page I was frustrated. However, Quinn did her job well—I'm anxious to read book four! :)



4.5 STARS! Full of witty remarks, a funny cheer or two (trust me, if you read it you will know what I'm talking about!), and enough sexy Alpha males to make any shifter fan extremely happy, Just One Drop is a must read! I cannot wait to see what happens next in this series, and I'm glad that despite my doubts with book 1 I stuck with it. This book reminded me of why I love trying new authors—you just never know what you'll find!

~*~*~
I received this book for review from Bewitching Book Tours.
~*~*~


Enjoy!




Until Next Time,

 Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

2 comments :

JoLee @ Wickedly Delicious Book Blog said...

Another great review on this series. I really need to start is soon. You know I do love Apha Males. Have a great week.

The_Book_Queen said...

You'll have to tell me what you think! :) I must warn you though--if while reading book 1 you begin to wonder "what was she thinking?", please just stick with it--it gets better as the series goes on! :)

Enjoy!
TBQ