Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- [Kame's Review]: "Everyone Loves a Hero"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post + Giveaway w/ Amanda Arista!...
- Blog Tour--Promo Spot: "Denied"
- [NOR Review]: "Nightingale Way"
- [NOR Review]: "Master of Darkness"
- Promo Spot--"California Sunset" by Casey Dawes!
- Lusting for Covers (87)
- Become a Guest Reviewer!
- Blog Tour--Promo Spot: "The Guardian of Bastet"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post + Giveaway with Myla Jackson...
- Lusting for Covers (86)
- Blog Tour: Interview with Sky Purington
- Blog Tour: Guest Post + Giveaway with Alice Gaines...
- Lusting for Covers (85)
- Blog Tour: Character Interview w/ Carrie Ann Ryan ...
- [Review]: "Just One Drop"
- [Review]: "Blood Rites"
- Lusting for Covers (84)
- [NOR Review]: "Deadly Descendant"
- [ARC Review]: "Rift"
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Paranormal Contemporary 4 Stars E-Book 5 Stars Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy ShapeShifters Teen Romance Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Just One Drop by Quinn Loftis
Series: The Grey Wolves, 3
Genre: YA Paranormal
Jennifer Adams, best friend to Jacque Pierce and Sally Morgan, spicy, out spoken, a little crazy and human...or so she thought. Jen has just found out that human DNA is not the only thing that resides in her veins, she happens to share that little pesky werewolf gene, although it isn't more than just a drop. Now that she and her friends are living in Romania with Fane's pack, she is also oh so conveniently stuck with the object of her affection, the fur ball Decebel. Drawn to each other by something they don't understand Jen finds herself frustrated by the lack of mating signs between her and said fur ball. Not only is she dealing with that not so un-frustrating problem, she now has been informed that because of that little drop of werewolf blood in her she is now required to attended a multi-pack gathering for un-mated wolves. This type of gathering hasn't taken place in over a century but with a shortage of females among the werewolf population the males are getting worried they won't ever find their true mates.
Meanwhile Decebel struggles with the emotions he is feeling towards Jen. He tries to keep his distance but there is just something about the mouthy blonde that keeps him coming back for more of her verbal abuse that he just can't seem to get enough of...go figure.
Where to Buy*:
While this series has improved greatly with each book, Just One Drop is my favorite by far!
I loved how Jen's stubborn, wild, and witty side came out in this book. I also loved the banter between Decebel and Jen, especially the sexy build up between them. Even though this is a YA series, it is not for the younger teens, yet man fans of adult romances will also find this book to their liking.
The only real complain I have is this: I did find that the ending was far too rushed and felt incomplete. By the last page I was frustrated. However, Quinn did her job well—I'm anxious to read book four! :)
4.5 STARS! Full of witty remarks, a funny cheer or two (trust me, if you read it you will know what I'm talking about!), and enough sexy Alpha males to make any shifter fan extremely happy, Just One Drop is a must read! I cannot wait to see what happens next in this series, and I'm glad that despite my doubts with book 1 I stuck with it. This book reminded me of why I love trying new authors—you just never know what you'll find!
I received this book for review from Bewitching Book Tours.
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
Labels: 4.5 Stars, E-Book, One of my Favorites, Own, Review, ShapeShifters, Teen Fantasy, Teen Romance
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008