Monday, August 6, 2012

[Review]: "Blood Rites"



Blood Rites by Quinn Loftis
Series: The Grey Wolves, 2
Genre: YA Paranormal

With the challenge complete and the corrupt Alpha of Coldspring defeated Fane is now free to complete the mate bond with Jacque and perform the Blood Rites. Although the challenge is done, the affects are far reaching. Once it is known that Vasile one of the strongest Alphas in the world is in America, specifically Coldspring, TX, there is one Alpha who cannot over look the significance of this. An Alpha who happens to share Jacque's DNA, but is this the one she needs to fear?

With her mom driving and her two best friends, Jen and Sally in tow, Jacque set off for her happily ever after. She will soon realize a plan has been put in motion that will change her course and possibly tear her from Fane's grasp forever. It will take a wolf pack, her mother's love, her two best friend's unrelenting determination, her own will to survive and the undying love of her mate to bring her home. The question remains, if she fights, if she endures, who will she be, what will be left once she is back in her mates arms?

Where to Buy*:
More Info:


My Review:

Quinn Loftis continues her Grey Wolf series with Blood Rites. In this installment novel, Jacque and Fane's journey continues as they struggle through various trials that keep popping up--trials that keep them from bonding.



But there's another story (or two...) emerging in this book as well. Jen, Jacque's loud (but funny) best friend, plays a stronger role. It appears that she is not exactly human after all... Decebel, the Beta of Fane's pack, seems to have a case of “stubborn-jealous-protective-male-itis”for her. And let me tell you, the banter between the two is great!



Blood Rites grabbed my attention more than book one. By the end of this book I was, I'll admit, more interested in Jen's story than Jacque's. I'm really looking forward to reading Jen and Decebel's story in future books!



However, I was happy to see Jacque and Fane finally complete their bonding. The words they spoke to each other during the ceremony were enough to make me choke up a bit, as well as dream of my own man to love me like that! Werewolf genes completely optional, but appreciated! :)



4 STARS! So far this series seems to be getting better by the book. I can only hope this stays true for the next book. Although if it is “only” as enjoyable as Blood Rites, you won't hear a complaint from me! For a different YA paranormal series, be sure to pick up Loftis' books—you won't be disappointed!

~*~*~*~
I received this book for review from Bewitching Book Tours.
~*~*~*~


Enjoy!




Until Next Time,
 Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!




2 comments :

JoLee @ Wickedly Delicious Book Blog said...

Great review. I am adding this to my TBR pile.

Have a great week.

The_Book_Queen said...

:) I hope you like it--it's a little different from many of the other YA books out there (at least that I've read). :)

Enjoy!
TBQ