Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- [Kame's Review]: "Everyone Loves a Hero"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post + Giveaway w/ Amanda Arista!...
- Blog Tour--Promo Spot: "Denied"
- [NOR Review]: "Nightingale Way"
- [NOR Review]: "Master of Darkness"
- Promo Spot--"California Sunset" by Casey Dawes!
- Lusting for Covers (87)
- Become a Guest Reviewer!
- Blog Tour--Promo Spot: "The Guardian of Bastet"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post + Giveaway with Myla Jackson...
- Lusting for Covers (86)
- Blog Tour: Interview with Sky Purington
- Blog Tour: Guest Post + Giveaway with Alice Gaines...
- Lusting for Covers (85)
- Blog Tour: Character Interview w/ Carrie Ann Ryan ...
- [Review]: "Just One Drop"
- [Review]: "Blood Rites"
- Lusting for Covers (84)
- [NOR Review]: "Deadly Descendant"
- [ARC Review]: "Rift"
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Contemporary Paranormal 4 Stars 5 Stars E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy Teen Romance ShapeShifters Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Monday, August 6, 2012
Blood Rites by Quinn Loftis
Series: The Grey Wolves, 2
Genre: YA Paranormal
With the challenge complete and the corrupt Alpha of Coldspring defeated Fane is now free to complete the mate bond with Jacque and perform the Blood Rites. Although the challenge is done, the affects are far reaching. Once it is known that Vasile one of the strongest Alphas in the world is in America, specifically Coldspring, TX, there is one Alpha who cannot over look the significance of this. An Alpha who happens to share Jacque's DNA, but is this the one she needs to fear?
With her mom driving and her two best friends, Jen and Sally in tow, Jacque set off for her happily ever after. She will soon realize a plan has been put in motion that will change her course and possibly tear her from Fane's grasp forever. It will take a wolf pack, her mother's love, her two best friend's unrelenting determination, her own will to survive and the undying love of her mate to bring her home. The question remains, if she fights, if she endures, who will she be, what will be left once she is back in her mates arms?
Where to Buy*:
Quinn Loftis continues her Grey Wolf series with Blood Rites. In this installment novel, Jacque and Fane's journey continues as they struggle through various trials that keep popping up--trials that keep them from bonding.
But there's another story (or two...) emerging in this book as well. Jen, Jacque's loud (but funny) best friend, plays a stronger role. It appears that she is not exactly human after all... Decebel, the Beta of Fane's pack, seems to have a case of “stubborn-jealous-protective-male-itis”for her. And let me tell you, the banter between the two is great!
Blood Rites grabbed my attention more than book one. By the end of this book I was, I'll admit, more interested in Jen's story than Jacque's. I'm really looking forward to reading Jen and Decebel's story in future books!
However, I was happy to see Jacque and Fane finally complete their bonding. The words they spoke to each other during the ceremony were enough to make me choke up a bit, as well as dream of my own man to love me like that! Werewolf genes completely optional, but appreciated! :)
4 STARS! So far this series seems to be getting better by the book. I can only hope this stays true for the next book. Although if it is “only” as enjoyable as Blood Rites, you won't hear a complaint from me! For a different YA paranormal series, be sure to pick up Loftis' books—you won't be disappointed!
I received this book for review from Bewitching Book Tours.
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008