Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Chaos Burning"
- Pen-Pals for Book Lovers --- Anyone Interested?
- "The World is a Stage" Winner!
- [Review]: "Fated"
- Sexy Snippets (4): "One Naughty Night"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Lauren Hawkeye
- Lusting for Covers (74)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "My Wicked Gladiators"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Once Her Man, Always Her Man"...
- [ARC Review]: "The World is a Stage"
- [NOR Review]: "Eternity's Mark"
- [NetGalley + ARC Review]: "About Last Night"
- Guest Post: Tamara Morgan + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (73)
- Author Interview w/ Alyson Burdette
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Passion"
- Sexy Snippets (3): "Tides of Passion"
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Tracy Sumner + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (72)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Love"
- "Shafted" Winner Announced!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Angela Castle + Giveaway!...
- Lusting for Covers (71)
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Kymber Morgan + "Shafted" ...
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tiger Mine"
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Black Dawn"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Shafted"
- RAK Wrap Up: April
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Contemporary Paranormal 4 Stars 5 Stars E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy Teen Romance ShapeShifters Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Fated by Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin (May 22, 2012)
Series: Soul Seekers, 1
Genre: YA FantasyFrom the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Immortals, Alyson Noël, comes Fated—a breathtaking new saga brimming with magic, mystery, and an intoxicating love story that will steal your heart away. Meet The Soul Seekers.
Strange things are happening to Daire Santos. Crows mock her, glowing people stalk her, time stops without warning, and a beautiful boy with unearthly blue eyes haunts all her dreams. Fearing for her daughter’s sanity, Daire’s mother sends her to live with the grandmother she’s never met. A woman who recognizes the visions for what they truly are—the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker—one who can navigate the worlds between the living and dead.
There on the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico, Daire sets out to harness her mystical powers. But it’s when she meets Dace, the boy from her dreams, that her whole world is shaken to its core. Now Daire is forced to discover if Dace is the one guy she's meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she's destined to destroy.
Where to Buy*:
Alyson Noel kicks off a new paranormal series, one that revolves around Native American myths and magic. Fated begins the story of Daire's journey to not only find out who she is, what she can do, but also what her destiny is—to prevent Coyote from throwing off the balance of life and turn their world into chaos. The battle for the souls has begun, and only Daire has the power as Seeker to stop it. But is she strong enough to do it?
First, may I just say that I absolutely love the cover for Fated? I know, I know, covers shouldn't matter, but I'll proudly admit it—I'm a cover whore! :) The prettier/sexier/yummier, the better! And Fated is just gorgeous; I'm tempted every time I pick it up to stroke it....
But back to the book itself. :)
I already knew that Alyson Noel has a real talent for writing fantasy novels, and she proves it yet again in the debut for her new Soul Seekers series. The writing is done nicely, and the story is interesting, allowing the reader to journey into the book easily, not wanting to come out until the very end!
I really loved this book because of the interesting fantasy elements we get. The magic and spirit animals, all based on Native American myths, added a unique spark to the story. I love Native American myths, so needless to say
I knew I was going to like this book!.
Daire's character is likeable, and easy to relate to. She wants to find where she belongs, what it's like to have a home and a purpose—and by the end of Fated she realizes that she's finally found one through the help of her grandmother, Paloma. I was glad to see that Daire never fell for the fake glamor of Hollywood, and she wasn't one of the hundreds of girls that just want to fit in with the popular crowd—by whatever means necessary. Instead, she was proud to be herself, even when that meant being seen as the outcast, the loner. I respected her for that, and enjoyed her story all the more because of it!
4 STARS! A wonderful start to what is no doubt going to be another great series by Alyson Noel, Fated brings a new twist to the YA paranormal genre! I cannot wait to see what happens next, as Daire's journey is only just beginning. She has a lot to learn, a lot to do, and I will definitely be coming back to see how she manages everything. Besides the great fantasy element, Fated also has a good dose of romance, sweet but with the promise for more. I'm curious to learn more about Dace's character, his skills, and his destiny, and to find out more about how and why they are fated to be together!
~*~*~*~I received this ARC from the publisher, in exchange for my honest review.
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008