Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Chaos Burning"
- Pen-Pals for Book Lovers --- Anyone Interested?
- "The World is a Stage" Winner!
- [Review]: "Fated"
- Sexy Snippets (4): "One Naughty Night"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Lauren Hawkeye
- Lusting for Covers (74)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "My Wicked Gladiators"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Once Her Man, Always Her Man"...
- [ARC Review]: "The World is a Stage"
- [NOR Review]: "Eternity's Mark"
- [NetGalley + ARC Review]: "About Last Night"
- Guest Post: Tamara Morgan + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (73)
- Author Interview w/ Alyson Burdette
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Passion"
- Sexy Snippets (3): "Tides of Passion"
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Tracy Sumner + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (72)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Love"
- "Shafted" Winner Announced!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Angela Castle + Giveaway!...
- Lusting for Covers (71)
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Kymber Morgan + "Shafted" ...
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tiger Mine"
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Black Dawn"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Shafted"
- RAK Wrap Up: April
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Paranormal Contemporary 4 Stars E-Book 5 Stars Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy ShapeShifters Teen Romance Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Eternity's Mark by Maeve Greyson
Publisher: Brava (February 28, 2012)
Publisher: Brava (February 28, 2012)
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Sacred blood flows in Hannah MacPherson's veins; she's just too hard-headed to realize it. After losing a husband to the Iraq war, she's squirrelled herself away in a tiny town where she snarls at any man who gives her a second glance. But Taggart de Gaelson knows more about Hannah than she could ever fathom. As her assigned protector, Taggart's grown tired of Hannah ignoring his messages from Scotland - and now he's come to retrieve her. The balance of the Continuum depends on a race of sacred creatures who maintain the strength of the portals. Only Hannah's touch can release the hatchlings from their eggs. Sworn to protect Hannah from others who lust for control of the beasts, Taggart must win her trust. But as he battles at her side, can he protect his heart?
Where to Buy*:
Maeve Greyson's newest release, Eternity's Mark, combines the fantasy world of dragons—excuse me, Draecna—and the wild beauty of Scotland, creating a unique story, and one that will please many!
I was intrigued by the story, the fantasy world created and the Draecnas. However, the book ended up as a bit of a disappointment for me.
The story was not evenly paced. The time-line was a bit hard for me to follow at times, and while the first few chapters did a fair job at starting the story out, by the end it felt rushed, with pieces missing. Still, the premise behind Eternity's Mark was good, and I only wish there had been more to it, as it left me wanting.
The romance, however, was the biggest disappointment. I just didn't see the connection between Hannah and Taggart. The love was too quick to build, and wasn't based on much (that I could see). I wanted to see their relationship develop, not just the one-time lovin' and then they were mated for life. The connection just seemed forced, and also left me wanting.
3.5 STARS! Eternity's Mark had a lot of promise, and I loved reading about this new “dragon” fantasy world, but overall I felt that things were simply missing from the story. While I still liked it, it did lower my rating. I will still be looking for future books by Greyson. I will also recommend Eternity's Mark to other readers who may enjoy this fantasy novel with a slight Scottish flair!
~~~Thanks to Night Owl Reviews, where I received this book for free in exchange for reviewing the book. (Free book does not equal biased review, however!) This review is the property of NOR.
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008