Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Chaos Burning"
- Pen-Pals for Book Lovers --- Anyone Interested?
- "The World is a Stage" Winner!
- [Review]: "Fated"
- Sexy Snippets (4): "One Naughty Night"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Lauren Hawkeye
- Lusting for Covers (74)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "My Wicked Gladiators"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Once Her Man, Always Her Man"...
- [ARC Review]: "The World is a Stage"
- [NOR Review]: "Eternity's Mark"
- [NetGalley + ARC Review]: "About Last Night"
- Guest Post: Tamara Morgan + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (73)
- Author Interview w/ Alyson Burdette
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Passion"
- Sexy Snippets (3): "Tides of Passion"
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Tracy Sumner + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (72)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Love"
- "Shafted" Winner Announced!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Angela Castle + Giveaway!...
- Lusting for Covers (71)
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Kymber Morgan + "Shafted" ...
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tiger Mine"
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Black Dawn"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Shafted"
- RAK Wrap Up: April
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Paranormal Contemporary 4 Stars E-Book 5 Stars Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy ShapeShifters Teen Romance Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Tides of Passion by Tracy Sumner
Publisher: Tracy Sumner (October 17, 2011)
Series: The Seaswept Seduction, 2
Genre: Historical RomanceShe is his greatest temptation.
He is her forbidden desire.
A battle of wills leads to love.
AN UNCONVENTIONAL WOMAN
Spirited Savannah Connor is passionately committed to
stamping out social injustice. Yet when she arrives in Pilot Isle, North
Carolina, ready to take up a new cause, she quickly finds herself on the outs
with the town constable. Zachariah Garrett is the most arrogant, infuriating,
maddeningly attractive man it's ever been her misfortune to meet. And suddenly,
Savannah is fighting a whole new battle--this one against her own yearning for a
man who is impossible to resist.
AN UNCOMPROMISING MAN
Ever since his wife's death two years ago, Zachariah Garrett
has dedicated his life to keeping the peace. And avoiding love. But Savannah
Connor isn't an ordinary woman--and she proves hard to ignore. She's a beguiling
beauty with the power to awaken emotions Zach thought he'd never feel again,
and the tenderness to help him forget his fears. And risk his heart once more.
Where to Buy*:
Other Books in this Series:
|Book 1: Tides of Love|
Read my review!
|Book 3: Tides of Desire|
Tracy Sumner has a real talent for writing a great historical romance, one filled with southern charm and a small town feel. Best of all, the chemistry between Zach and Savannah practically sizzles right off the pages!
When we were first introduced to the Garrett brothers in Tides of Love, I knew that Zach's story would have to be special—and so would his woman. Upon starting Tides of Passion, I was glad to see that I was right. Savannah is a very strong, independent heroine, and a perfect match for Zach—in and out of the bedroom!
Tides of Passion delivers a sweet story, complete with a hero who has emotional baggage that he needs to over come first. I enjoyed watching Zach open up to Savannah. But it was the great banter between the two that I loved the most! It added quite a spark to the book—and led to some rather steamy love scenes, too!
4 STARS! The Seaswept Seduction series continues, and Zach is finally able to move past the memory of his dead wife and learn to love. I really liked this book, the romance was both sweet and sexy, the banter was lively. I am curious to see what Caleb's story will bring—we've only seen glimpses of his character and I'm hoping we'll finally see more of who he is!
I received this e-book from the author (to be used during her blog tour) in exchange for my honest opinion.
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008