Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Chaos Burning"
- Pen-Pals for Book Lovers --- Anyone Interested?
- "The World is a Stage" Winner!
- [Review]: "Fated"
- Sexy Snippets (4): "One Naughty Night"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Lauren Hawkeye
- Lusting for Covers (74)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "My Wicked Gladiators"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Once Her Man, Always Her Man"...
- [ARC Review]: "The World is a Stage"
- [NOR Review]: "Eternity's Mark"
- [NetGalley + ARC Review]: "About Last Night"
- Guest Post: Tamara Morgan + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (73)
- Author Interview w/ Alyson Burdette
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Passion"
- Sexy Snippets (3): "Tides of Passion"
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Tracy Sumner + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (72)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Love"
- "Shafted" Winner Announced!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Angela Castle + Giveaway!...
- Lusting for Covers (71)
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Kymber Morgan + "Shafted" ...
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tiger Mine"
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Black Dawn"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Shafted"
- RAK Wrap Up: April
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Contemporary Paranormal 4 Stars 5 Stars E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy Teen Romance ShapeShifters Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Shafted by Kymber Morgan
Publisher: Bandit Creek Books (January 23, 2012)
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Bandit CreekIs her love real or just a myth?
Returning to her summertime home of Bandit Creek, Callie Jamison discovers there’s a lot more involved to her grandmother’s legacy than a few cabins and some land, including a curse. The last thing she needs now is to fall in love.
Anteros, dark twin of Eros, is responsible for avenging unrequited love, a job that’s been a lot harder since his brother succumbed to ambro-fever and has been running amok shooting all the wrong people – including Anteros.
The clock is ticking, not only on his immortality and Callie’s free will, but their hearts as well. Soon they’ll each have to decide if the overwhelming attraction they feel is the real deal or if they’ve simply been ‘Shafted’ and it’s all a cruel illusion.
Where to Buy*:
Callie Jamison has recently inherited her grandma's property in the small town of Bandit Creek. But as she will soon find out her grandma's tales of prophecies and myths might be real after all....
Anteros lives a fairly normal life—drinking with his buddies, getting into arguments with his brother...Oh, and did I mention he's a Greek God? Anteros, God of Requite Love, has fallen down to the mortal realm, and now due to the arrow his brother (Eros) shot at him, he's going to imprint on the first woman he meets. As luck would have it, that's Callie.
I loved the idea behind the mythology twist to this Bandit Creek novella. I only wish it had been more developed, more expanded upon. This part of the story was by far the most entertaining, but I still wanted more from it—a lot more.
To be honest, I was a bit lost throughout most of the story. Either I missed something or something was missing, I am not sure. Because of this, it was a bit of a choppy read, though not horrible in any way. It was more along the lines of average, which is a bit harder to accurately describe in a review.
3 STARS! A very quick read, Shafted is the perfect choice when you are looking for a quickie mythology romance to pass the time with! My only complaint? I wish the story had been longer (and I don't mean full length necessarily!), with more details about Anteros' world and his family. The premise for Shafted had a lot of potential, but in the end it fell a bit short, leaving me wanting more. Still, for less than 100 pages, it's not a bad choice for an hour or two of reading! I'm interested to see if the author will write anything more about this world, regardless of whether or not it is set in Bandit Creek.
~*~*~*~I received this e-book when joining the blog tour for this author. In exchange, I agreed to give my honest opinion on the novel.
Don't forget--Kymber will be here on Friday, May 4th with an interview!
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008