Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Chaos Burning"
- Pen-Pals for Book Lovers --- Anyone Interested?
- "The World is a Stage" Winner!
- [Review]: "Fated"
- Sexy Snippets (4): "One Naughty Night"
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Lauren Hawkeye
- Lusting for Covers (74)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "My Wicked Gladiators"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Once Her Man, Always Her Man"...
- [ARC Review]: "The World is a Stage"
- [NOR Review]: "Eternity's Mark"
- [NetGalley + ARC Review]: "About Last Night"
- Guest Post: Tamara Morgan + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (73)
- Author Interview w/ Alyson Burdette
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Passion"
- Sexy Snippets (3): "Tides of Passion"
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Tracy Sumner + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (72)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tides of Love"
- "Shafted" Winner Announced!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Angela Castle + Giveaway!...
- Lusting for Covers (71)
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Kymber Morgan + "Shafted" ...
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Tiger Mine"
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Black Dawn"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Shafted"
- RAK Wrap Up: April
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Contemporary Paranormal 4 Stars 5 Stars E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy Teen Romance ShapeShifters Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Once Her Man, Always Her Man by Heather Long
Publisher: Decadent Publishing Company, LLC (April 7, 2012)
Series: Always a Marine, 1 [1NightStand Series]
Genre: Contemporary Erotica (novella)
Fulfilling a favor and executing a business plan, Luke Dexter arrives at Dallas’ Sybarite Club for a one-night stand. He never imagined he’d come face to face with the woman he left behind a decade earlier.
Rebecca Rainier fell in love with Luke Dexter in high school and was crushed when he dumped her to join the Marines after 9/11. Set up on a 1Night Stand by her business partner, nothing could prepare Rebecca for who her date is.
Can Luke and Rebecca bridge the pain of a decade-long abandonment, in one cold Texas night?
Where to Buy*:
Usually novellas leave a reader hanging, wanting more. They're quickies meant to help tide you over until the next book in a series is out or to introduce you to a new author. Rarely have I seen a novella that offered much more than that—but I found it in Heather Long's newest novella, Once Her Man, Always Her Man!
Rebecca and Luke were childhood friends and highschool sweethearts. They were crazy for each other—up until the last part of their senior year, when 9/11 happened, a tragedy that even affected their small town. Luke, whose father was already a Marine, enlisted even before graduation, leaving Rockwell—and Rebecca—behind. He loved her, but felt that she deserved a better life, not one stuck in Texas, worrying about him in Iraq. It was a mistake, and one he's regretted ever since.
Out of the military now, he's came back to the area to start a rehab or sorts for returning Vets. When the rest of his team signs up for a dating service (1NightStand) he does so as well—to support them more than anything. After all, he still thinks of Rebecca...
His first setup is in a club-and who does he find waiting there? Rebecca, his love, the one he pushed away 11 years ago. It's rare to get a second chance, but Luke's taking this one. Can he explain to Rebecca why he left, why he never came home—why he stills loves her to this day? Will she listen?
OHM,AHM is indeed a quick story, only a few chapters total. But what it lacks in length it more than makes up for in romance, writing quality, emotions, and steamy chemistry! I absolutely loved reading Rebecca and Luke's story, devouring it in only about 20 minutes. And while, yes, I would have liked it to be a full length novel, it wasn't absolutely necessary—Heather manages to weave quite a story for us even with such limited pages to work with.
There was depth to the story, the background and characters—something that not even all novels have, little loan most novellas. Their story blew me away, and I'll even admit to blinking back a few tears while reading, as their relationship was very touching, very sweet. And once they worked out their problems and decided to, ahem, show their love for one another....Well, I'll just leave it at “hot damn!”. Yes, a Marine definitely knows how to treat his woman...*sigh*
5 STARS! For a quick, but totally satisfying, second-chance-at-love romance, this is the perfect choice! Sweet, touching and very sexy, this novella is a must read! And as it is short, it won't take you long to finish—even better for those times when reading a 400 page book is made almost impossible by our hectic lives! I will definitely be adding Heather Long to my list, and I look forward to seeing what one of her full length novels has to offer. Because when she can make me fall in love with a book in less than 40 pages, imagine what she can do in 300! :)
~*~*~*~I received this e-ARC from Sizzling PR blog tours n exchange for my honest review.
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
Labels: 5 Stars, Blog Tour, Contemporary, E-Book, Erotica, Military, Novella, One of my Favorites, Own, Review
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008