Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- Interview w/ Tamara Morgan + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (70)
- Blog Tour: Arianna Skye's "Wings of Desire" -- Cha...
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Too Tempting to Resist"
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Julie Rowe
- Sexy Snippets (2): "Tiger Mine"
- Hunky Hero Hop WINNER!
- Lusting for Covers (69)
- "Illicit Magic" Winner!
- [Blog Tour Review]: "North of Heartbreak"
- [NetGalley Review]: "Grave Mercy"
- Sexy Snippets (1) -- "North of Heartbreak"
- [Review]: "Demon Seed"
- Hunky Hero Hop and Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (68)
- [ARC Review]: "The Proposal"
- "The Saint" Winner!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Kinley Baker
- [Review]: "Love is a Battlefield"
- [Review]: "Ruined"
- Lusting for Covers (67)
- Deadly Stupidity 101: Smoking + Oxygen Don't Mix!
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Carrie Ann Ryan + Giveaway...
- [NOR Review]: "Fury of Fire"
- Author Interview with Monica McCarty + Giveaway!
- [NOR Review]: "My True Love"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Trinity Bound"
- Lusting for Covers (66)
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Contemporary Paranormal 4 Stars 5 Stars E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy Teen Romance ShapeShifters Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Too Tempting to Resist by Cara Elliott
Publisher: Forever (April 24, 2012)
Series: Lords of Midnight, 2
Genre: Historical RomanceIn the Wolf's Lair . . .Determined to stop her wayward brother from squandering their dwindling fortune, Lady Eliza Brentford decides to follow him to his favorite den of depravity. There, among the candlelight and raucous revelry, she encounters her brother's role model in debauchery, the notorious Marquess of Haddan, Gryffin Dwight. Staring into his smoldering green eyes, Eliza can't help but find the rakehell nobleman seductively charming-and sinfully attractive.
In a Lover's Paradise . . .When Gryffin appears on Eliza's estate as a guest of her brother, a stolen kiss among the garden's blooms leads to a night of unbridled passion. Suddenly the lovely widow feels herself opening up, like the petals of a rose. Could this master of seduction possibly feel true emotion for Eliza? Or is he leading her down the garden path to an Eden of delights no woman can resist-and a fall no woman can escape?
Where to Buy*:
Other Books in the Series:
Click on the covers to buy from BN.com.
|Book 1: Too Wicked to Wed|
Read my review
|Book 3: Too Dangerous to Desire|
Coming Dec. 2012!
As the second book in the Lords of Midnight series, Too Tempting to Resist proves yet again that Cara Elliott has a true talent for historical romances. Ripe with wit and banter, feisty heroines and sexy heroes, this series is a keeper for sure!
Gryffin, Lord Haddan, is seen by all of London as a rogue, a rake of the worse sort. And while he and his two friends are not as much a stickler for the rules of Society as the rest of the ton, neither are they as bad as the gossip sheets paint them as.
A gentleman's club/brothel is no place to meet a proper lady—and yet that is where he first sets eyes on Lady Eliza Brentford. Full of fire and able to hold her own against Gryffin, Eliza is no silly debutante—and Gryffin's intrigued by her. She is no ordinary lady, after all. A few months later, when he has the chance to go to Leete Abbey (her home), he jumps at the chance. Even though he can't stand her horrible pup of a brother, he agrees to join Leete's party just to see Eliza again.
But her presence proves to be too tempting....can he convince her that there is nothing wrong with them sharing in some entirely too wicked, but completely consensual, fun together? And is that really all he wants it to be?
I can tell you the exact moment that I fell for Gryffin. It was when Eliza discovers his dragon tattoo, which curls around his belly button and continues down towards...well, I'm sure you can guess. :) This was enough to make me drool over him, and I would have gladly pushed Eliza out of the way to have my wicked way with him! Of course, his wit, charm, and caring nature helped not only Eliza to fall for him, but myself as well.
Eliza was great, quite outspoken and brave, trying to follow her dreams in a world where men rule. I only wish she had stood up and tried to control her brother more—she easily had more courage than he. I also liked her friend, “Gussie”--she was a hoot, an older woman with a taste for slightly bawdy talk with Eliza. Gotta love the wicked old woman!
4 STARS! A charming tale, full of plenty of light moments and sexy downtime, Too Temping to Resist is a quick read, and one that any historical fan will love. I simply cannot wait to finally read Cam's story—he's always been a bit mysterious, off scouring the seedy parts of Town and acting innocent about it later. Plus, while Gryffin has the yummy dragon tattoo, Cam has an earring, much like a dashing pirate. Count me in!
Thanks to Night Owl Reviews, where I received this ARC for free in exchange for reviewing the book. (Free book does not equal biased review, however!) This review is the property of NOR.
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008