Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- Interview w/ Tamara Morgan + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (70)
- Blog Tour: Arianna Skye's "Wings of Desire" -- Cha...
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Too Tempting to Resist"
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Julie Rowe
- Sexy Snippets (2): "Tiger Mine"
- Hunky Hero Hop WINNER!
- Lusting for Covers (69)
- "Illicit Magic" Winner!
- [Blog Tour Review]: "North of Heartbreak"
- [NetGalley Review]: "Grave Mercy"
- Sexy Snippets (1) -- "North of Heartbreak"
- [Review]: "Demon Seed"
- Hunky Hero Hop and Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (68)
- [ARC Review]: "The Proposal"
- "The Saint" Winner!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Kinley Baker
- [Review]: "Love is a Battlefield"
- [Review]: "Ruined"
- Lusting for Covers (67)
- Deadly Stupidity 101: Smoking + Oxygen Don't Mix!
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Carrie Ann Ryan + Giveaway...
- [NOR Review]: "Fury of Fire"
- Author Interview with Monica McCarty + Giveaway!
- [NOR Review]: "My True Love"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Trinity Bound"
- Lusting for Covers (66)
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Contemporary Paranormal 4 Stars 5 Stars E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy Teen Romance ShapeShifters Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Thursday, April 19, 2012
North of Heartbreak by Julie Rowe
Publisher: Carina Press (April 16, 2012)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Since her divorce, Willa Hayes has thrown herself into her work as a nurse practitioner in the remote town of Stony Creek, Alaska. She's regained her self-confidence and her heart is almost healed. Then her newfound peace is shaken by the arrival of sexy flyboy Liam Reynolds. Willa can't deny she's instantly, intensely attracted to him—even if she's convinced he's yet another Mr. Wrong.
Liam has his own reasons for fleeing to the isolation of the north, and a relationship is the last thing he wants. He wasn't counting on being drawn to the pretty nurse who accompanies patients on his flights to southern hospitals.
Fortunately, the temptation—and the desire to avoid anything serious—is mutual. So the pair comes up with an arrangement: sensual, steamy, no-strings fun. But when things heat up on a cold Alaskan night, the rules of the game may change forever...
Where to Buy*:
North of Heartbreak tells the story of two people who had past relationships that led to trust and love issues to this day. Can they work through their own problems and realize they're perfect for each other?
Willa Hayes, nurse practitioner and sole medical provider for a large isolated region of Alaska, gives everything to her job. She puts forth 120 percent every day, trying to help the people of her town, though she's horribly understaffed and lacking funds. Part of her tremendous drive is from trying to forget her abusive ex-husband—and the baby girl she lost. She despises men, especially those that are “pretty” like her ex—she fears that the smooth exterior will hide the dark and twisted character within.
Liam Reynolds came to Alaska to escape his own past relationship. He's surprised to find Willa, a small but mighty woman, who works harder than anyone he knows. But she's scared of him, and when he finds out about her past, all he wants to do is kill her ex. Soon he finds himself caring for her—more than he should. Can the two work together and perhaps even learn to love one another?
^Favorite "Spicy" Quote:
She looked him in the face. “Tonight's confrontation drove home the fact that we shouldn't be engaged in nonwork-related –“ Her gaze darted around the room as she searched for a word. “Interactions.”
“Interactions,” he repeated, his hands flexing on her shoulders. “I'm six milliseconds away from ripping that useless robe and towel off and gorging myself on you until I wear the taste buds off my tongue, and you call it an interaction?”
“Well, what would you call it?” She should be worried, even angry, at his offended attitude. Instead, she wanted to dance in victory.
“Fun. Consensual, noncommittal fun.”
4 STARS! A truly wonderful romance novel, North of Heartbreak is an emotional roller coaster! Willa and Liam must overcome their intimacy and trust issues and learn to love again—the journey isn't easy, but it is enjoyable. With plenty of sigh-worthy romance as well as steamy chemistry between the two, North of Heartbreak is a spectacular read, and one I highly recommend!
^Quote belongs solely to the author. I do not claim it in anyway.
~*~*~*~I received this e-book when joining the blog tour for this author. In exchange, I agreed to give my honest opinion on the novel.
Don't forget that Julie Rowe will be on the blog April 24th with an interview! :)
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008