Saturday, March 31, 2012

RAK Wrap Up: March

Book Soulmates


March was my second time participating in BookSoulmate's RAK event, and it was great! I highly suggest you join, as well.

It was also my birthday month, so I received a B-Day RAK as well--thanks! :)

The point of RAK is to share books with others, whether it's a book you already own and wish to send to another reader, or a new one you have shipped to them from Amazon.

But I think I'd be lying if I didn't mention that, of course, receiving RAKs is as much fun as giving them! :)


Here is what I sent to other readers this month:

Sent to Melissa C @ Must Read Faster


Sent to Michelle @ Michelle's Book Blog


Sent to Heather @ Book Savvy Babe


Sent to Heather @ Book Savvy Babe



Sent to Grace F. 


Sent to Angie @ Eastern Sunset Reads 


Sent to Amber @ Awesomesauce Bookclub 


Sent to Jenn G.




And here is what I received from fellow readers--a big thanks to each and every one of you, I loved my gifts and I can't wait to read them!



Bloodfever ~ From Aanchal (Book Flame)
The Chief ~ From Lethea B. [A B-Day RAK]
Backstage Pass ~ Heather (Book Savvy Babe)
The Darkest Secret ~ Amber (AwesomeSauce Book Club)


From Michelle (Michelle's Book Blog):
Into the Darkness
Dare to Surrender
Strange Attractions
The Doctor and the Diva
Selfish is the Heart
No Greater Pleasure
A Cold Creek Secret
The Best Laid Plans
Smokin' Six-Shooter
Dakota Child
The Billionaire's Unexpected Heir
His Country Girl


~*~*~*~*~*~

What about you--Have you participated in RAK before? If so, what are your thoughts on it? If not, are you interested in joining? Stop by BookSoulmates later this week when they post the signups for April's RAK!




Enjoy,




Until Next Time,
Photobucket
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

9 comments :

BookStacksOnDeck said...

Wow, what a generous month for you! Hope you enjoy all your new reads! :D

The_Book_Queen said...

Blame it on Michelle. LOL. She was suppose to be sending me three, which she told me the titles of. When I opened the box, I found the other 10 or so. ;) Thanks again, Michelle!

That's what I love so much about RAK--everyone's just so generous! I'll defintely be sending out more RAKs next month to help even it out. ;)

Enjoy!
TBQ

BookStacksOnDeck said...

You BOTH are crazy-generous hahaa.

Kathleen O said...

I share a lot of my books with frienda and family. I also donate books to my local library. Some end of on the shelves and a lot go to our annual book fair to raise money to purchase new books for the library and help literacy programs.. So yes I feel I do my share of sharing books..I buy'em, win'em and share'em...

The_Book_Queen said...

:) That's the way to do it!

I'm afraid I don't give my books away too easily (I know, I'm greedy...) BUT I do let my friends read them. It's the Lending Library of Danielle here. LOL.

But if I have a book that maybe I liked, but probably won't read again, or whenever I have extra copies (either from winning different contests or, oops, buying the same book twice because it had a different cover), I always send it on to someone who has yet to read it. Sharing is great!

Thanks for stopping by, and keep up the great work--not only are you helping to provide great books to other readers, but it sounds like you also help you community as a whole too, by helping raise money for the library!

Enjoy,
TBQ

Mary @SweepingMe said...

WHAT A FANTASTIC RAK!!! It is fun giving and receiving. Especially if you don't know what's coming which is really hard to do!

Enjoy all your wonderful books and Happy Belated Birthday!

Mary
Happy R.A.K.ing!

The_Book_Queen said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

Oh, it is fun--I think the surprises are the best, though believe me, even knowing what is coming still leaves me giddy and doing a mini-happy dance when the package/email arrives! LOL.

Happy R.A.K.ing to you as well!
Enjoy,
TBQ

engelsigh said...

Thank you so much for the RAK Fang Me! You helped make my birthday a great one!

The_Book_Queen said...

You are very welcome--and may I wish you a Happy Birthday yet again! :)

Enjoy,
TBQ