Right now I am...
~Accepting Reviews (If I do not personally have the time, perhaps one of my guest reviewers might. See my Review Policy for more information.)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- ► 2013 (378)
- What Did I Receive? [March Edition]
- RAK Wrap Up: March
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Camilla Chafer + Giveaway...
- [NetGalley Review]: "White Shadows"
- [NetGalley + ARC Review]: "Shadows on the Moon"
- [Review]: "Illicit Magic"
- Review Tour: "Bright Arrow Burning" by Isabo Kelly...
- Lusting for Covers (65)
- Guest Post: April Fifer + Danielle Hylton!
- "Illusions" Book Tour + Author Interview w/ Kacey ...
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "The Saint"
- [Review]: "The Goddess Test"
- [NOR Review]: "Unbroken"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Illusions"
- Lusting for Covers (64)
- [NetGalley]: "The Wolf Who Loved Me"
- My Greatest Fear
- [NetGalley Review]: "Much Ado About Rogues"
- [NetGalley Review]: "Kiss Me, I'm Irish"
- [NetGalley Review]: "Untouched"
- Lusting for Covers (63)
- [Blog Tour Review]: "The Half-Breed Vampire"
- [NetGalley Review]: "Assassins in Love"
- [NetGalley Review]: "Shadow's Stand"
- Name Before the Masses Tour: Interview with Isabo ...
- Lusting for Covers (62)
- Author Tour + Guest Post : Carrie Ann Ryan featuri...
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Contemporary Own Blog Tour Giveaway Lusting for Covers 4 Stars 5 Stars 4.5 Stars NetGalley ARC copy Historical Paranormal E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic Novella What did I receive? Teen Fantasy 3.5 Stars ShapeShifters 3 Stars Teen Romance Vampires Military England Random Stuff Erotica Contest Winner Contests Demons Scotland Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
Friday, March 23, 2012
Danielle Hylton was raised in Virginia. She grew up having a huge appetite for daydreaming; always wanting to live in the spectacular worlds she created in her mind. She now lives with her husband and dog where she is pursuing a degree in literature. Danielle is a strong animal activist. She is currently co-writing the second book in the Flesh Series, "Flesh and Flames".
April Fifer grew up in a small town in Virginia, where it was common practice believing that dreams could only be found in stories. At the age of seven she was diagnosed with dyslexia. She was told that she would struggle through life and would never pick up a book to read for pleasure. Although school was hard, she was able to find her way with the help of two teachers who taught her self-discovery. Ignoring what she was taught growing up, she turned it around and found that your dreams could become stories.
Where to Find April & Danielle:
Vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, and demons, Oh my! We love romance that bites! What is it about our attraction to tortured souls and bad boys who are dangerous and out of control. All these hot, sexy creatures bite. Now, in reality, neither of us like pain, but coming from one of the hot creatures… bring it on. Our book may be about bad-ass angels, but we love our creatures of the night that cause us pain and lust. The mystical world of vampires, werewolves and such has been a love of ours for as long as we can remember. Bad is good – so to speak. Maybe it’s because we want to be wanted in a way that is almost animalistic – after all we are animals ourselves. All of these creatures are what they are, but not by choice, giving them the tortured soul effect. We are women after all, and we want to save them but at the same time we want these creatures to ravage us. This is because of the passion that they possess. It comes natural to them and absolutely intriguing. We are sure we are not the only women who have had a hot fantasy romance with a vampire or werewolf while daydreaming at work. “I’m sorry Mr. Boss. Did you need me to… wait, you have really white sharp teeth.” Then you find yourself staring at his mouth the entire time he is yelling at you for messing up your paperwork. However, you just can’t seem to get pass the fact his K-9s are similar to Edward Cullen’s. Yes, love bites. But to be honest… we like it that way.
|Flesh and Feathers by April Fifer and Danielle Hylton-Outland|
Publisher: Silver Publishing (March 31st, 2012)
Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy Romance
Series: The Flesh Series, #1
Azaleigh's life is simple until, by chance, she meets Kale. Charming and handsome Az is immediately drawn to him. But long kept secrets lurk in the hearts of those Az holds most dear, and dangerous plans are unfolding around her. As her life begins to crumble and Kale disappears, Gage, charismatic and striking, arrives, providing a calm port in an increasingly violent storm. But with every narrow escape from a far from human bounty hunter after her life, Az begins to unravel a secret with the power to change her forever. In an increasingly hostile world of Angel and Fallen, Azaleigh must navigate her own path, chose her own side, and ultimately protect her heart. Faced with two gorgeous men, an enemy she doesn’t know, and a future she cannot understand, Az must make the choice: the man she loves, or the man she cannot live without.
Where to Buy:
TBQ: I'm definitely putting this one on my list!
Thanks so much for stopping by, April and Danielle--I loved your post and I look forward to reading this book! :)
Here's my question for you, readers: Why do you love reading books with a bit of a bite to them (shapeshifters, vampires, demons, etc)? And if you are not a fan of this genre, why is that?
I'm all for romance with a bite to it. If it's a paranormal, I'm all over it! There's just something about the supernatural heroes that I find extremely sexy-although I won't say no to a man in a kilt either...But that's a subject for a different post!
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.