Monday, November 21, 2011

[NOR Review]: "Warcry"

Warcry by Elizabeth Vaughan
Publisher: Berkley (May 3, 2011)
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Chronicles of the Warlords, 4
Summary (Amazon.com):
All is not well in Xy. There is a faction of nobles who are plotting against the Queen and her barbarian warlord. As cultures clash and tempers flare, Heath and the fierce Plains warrior woman Atira of the Bear must come together to fight the conspiracy... and to search their hearts for something deeper than raw passion.




Where to Buy*: Amazon | KindleBN.com | NOOK
More Info: Author's Site | Excerpt



My Review:

Warcry by Elizabeth Vaughan takes the reader on a journey through a fantasy world unlike many that are out there. A thrilling ride from beginning to end, one filled with romance and humor, adventure and even a bit of intrigue, Warcry is a wonderful fantasy book, and one that this reader will be reading again very soon.




Warcry continues the romantic story of the Warprize and the Warlord (Lara and Keir), showing how the differences in their two cultures may pose a problem for not only themselves but their unborn child as well. In between continuing their sweet story, Vaughan also adds in a new budding romance, that of Heath and Atria; one is from the Kingdom of Xy while the other is a member of the Plains people. These are two very different people from two different parts of this fantasy world. Their relationship is not simple, nor easy, but if the two can work on it together then perhaps a happily-ever-after is in their future after all.



This is the perfect book for anyone who enjoys a good fantasy romance series. However, it seems that this book would make more sense, and be more enjoyable overall, if the reader first picks up the previous books in the series. I did not have this option as the books were currently out of print (though this year they are all being reprinted), and none of my libraries had the books either. While I thoroughly enjoyed Warcry, I do wish I had been able to read the other books first. Obviously they are now on the top of my wish list.



4.5 Stars! With a book as complex and rich as Warcry, it is difficult to write a review that even begins to give it justice. It’s romantic and witty, with a storyline that has more to it than just a man meeting the woman he wants for life, Warcry is one of the best fantasy romance novels I've read in years, and one that is part of a series that looks just as promising. If you've never read one of Vaughan's books before, I would highly suggest starting with this series.




~~~
Thanks to Night Owl Reviews, where I received this book for free in exchange for reviewing the book. (Free book does not equal biased review, however!) This review is the property of NOR.
~~~ 


Note: This is a book I read earlier this year, but never posted the review here on the blog after it went up on NOR.



Enjoy!






Until Next Time,
Photobucket

*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!

3 comments :

Lover Of Romance said...

Great Review!!! I will have to definitely put this on my TBR List!!!! I love a good Fantasy story!

Blodeuedd said...

Want! I read book 1 and it did make me want to read more but I am so slow (with buying books), takes me forever to make my mind up

The_Book_Queen said...

LOR-- Thanks. It's definitely a must read! :D In fact, I bet your library would have it, based on all the great ones you've picked up from there over the past few weeks. If not, at least they are now coming back into print so we can buy them ourselves. :D

Blodeuedd-- I still need to read the other books in this series. That stupid mountain though keeps getting in my way! :D You know, the TBR mountain? Yeah, it keeps pushing me back down whenever I try to go buy new books....

Thank you both for stopping by!

Enjoy,
TBQ