Monday, June 7, 2010

[Review]: "Forget Me Not"

Forget Me Not: A Novel (Crossroads Crisis Center)Title: Forget Me Not
Author: Vicki Hinze
Pub. Date/Publisher: Multnomah Books (March 16, 2010)
Genre: Christian Fiction, Romance
Summary (Amazon):
Benjamin Brandt, owner of the Crossroads Crisis Center, hasn't set foot in the center since his wife and son were murdered a few years earlier. Then Susan comes to the center, beaten and battered, suffering a case of amnesia, and also bearing a close resemblance to Benjamin's deceased wife, also named Susan, and wearing the dead woman's cross necklace.


The two clash at first, but even as murders occur around them, the tension between them relaxes. Still, there is a mystery to be solved involving Susan's identity and a past that must be reckoned with before either can move ahead. Hinze's plot may have readers puzzling over how this tangled tale will ever resolve itself, but that underestimates the author's talent for transforming the unlikely into something beautiful.

 





Places to Order Forget Me Not at:
Amazon
Barnes and Nobles
Borders




Review:
Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze was a slow, albeit semi-interesting, read. It's not that the writing was poor by any means; in fact, it was fairly well written. However, the storyline, the characters, and the slow progression towards the climax took the novel down a few stars.
 Unfortunately, I do not have much to say about Forget Me Not—good or bad. It was one of those books (for me at least) that was simply “OK.” Nothing stood out, nothing inspired me, and yet there was also nothing that pushed me away, either. It was a book to pass the time with, and one that had it's good moments, but not one that I would go out of my way to read again.


3 Stars! A mediocre book, due to the subject matter more than a flaw in the author's writing. Again, this is just my opinion—I'm sure there are plenty that would love this book. However, this was simply not the book for me. I don't regret reading it, but neither am I anxious to read it again and again. If you like a good Christian novel, with a touch of suspense, a subtle hint of romance, and an over all theme of moral values and finding God again, then this is the book for you, even if it was not a 5 star novel for me.





~~~
Thanks to LibraryThing's EarlyReviewer Program, where I won this book a few months ago!
~~~

Sorry for not posting this review earlier-- it's been done for a while, but for some reason Blogger didn't post it when I had originally "ordered" it to. Hopefully before the end of this week I will have at least one more review up, two if I can.

And in the next few days, watch out for the information for my.. *Drum Roll*
2ND BLOG ANNIVERSARY!
Yes, I know I missed it last year (Don't even ask how, I have no clue myself!), BUT  this time will be HUGE. I have a few contests planned, and the prizes are pretty amazing, if I do say so myself!








Enjoy!






Until Next Time,


1 comment :

Lover Of Romance said...

Great Review!!!

I have a blog award for you Here

Hope you are having a great week!!!
Happy Reading