Monday, February 1, 2010

[NOR Review]: "Winter of the Beast"

Title: Winter of the Beast
Author: Vonna Harper
Publisher/Publication Date: Ellora's Cave (Jan 8th, 2010)
Available In: E-Book only
Summary (NOR):
Dio of the Puma clan is a skilled warrior and hunter. What he doesn’t feel prepared for is his new role as ruler of a clan with few women. Does he have the necessary leadership and compassion or will his need for sex dominate? Only the massive, mysterious Beast knows.
When her cruel husband casts her out, Tawia can no longer call herself a Falcon. Her future a frightening unknown, she heads into the wilderness as winter approaches. The Beast watches.
Captured by the enemy warrior, Tawia fights her body’s demands. Trust is as incomprehensible to her as the relationship between Dio and the great puma. But neither man nor beast are willing to set her free.

Places to order Winter of the Beast at:
Ellora's Cave



My Review:
Much like Vonna Harper's previous novel, Winter of the Beast is a very sexy, and entertaining, fantasy erotica, one that you won't want to miss!


Harper easily blends together a great plot line with the perfect balance of romance and scorching love scenes-- a talent that not every author has. After reading two of her novels, I've already added her to my own auto-buy list, and I'm sure you will as well!

Not many weeks ago, I received and reviewed her first novel in this paranormal series, Beast Master, which I enjoyed a lot. When I saw that she planned on doing more novels set in that world, I was extremely excited-- and that excitement only tripled with I saw the opportunity to read the newest novel, Winter of the Beast! After devouring the book in only a few hours (which, considering it's an e-book, is fairly impressive, seeing as how I dislike staring at the computer screen for long periods of time!), I was still impressed by the novel I had just read. Saying that I highly recommend both of these novels is a bit of an understatement, but so very true!

Don't let the fact that it's a novella put you off-- I promise, Harper does a wonderful job at leaving the reader satisfied, even with only 90 or so pages in which to do so. Would I have liked more? Well, of course! But they weren't necessarily needed, and therefore didn't take away from my enjoyment of the book.

The connection between Tawia and Dio was believable, since it wasn't all about the sex (at least not at first). They both helped each other to develop, as they each needed to overcome a part of their past, and learned from each other. And, of course, the sexual connection between the two was enough to scorch the very pages the words were written on.



4.5 STARS! Over all, a very well written story, quick, smoldering and yet still romantic, too. I look forward to many future books from this talented author, especially ones that revolve around this fantasy series! Keep your eyes out for this one-- I assure you, if you like sexy alpha male types, along with a good erotic romance to go with it, then this is the book for you!



~~~
Thanks to Night Owl Romance, where I received this e-book for free in exchange for reviewing the book. (Free book does not equal biased review, however!) This review is the property of NOR.
~~~




Enjoy!



Until Next Time,
Photobucket

No comments :