Friday, October 17, 2008

"The Pirate Hunter"

Synopis from B&N.com:


A widowed woman believes she may have found the key to her hardened heart in the arms of her abductor-a roguish pirate hunter.











Though the story started out a little bit slow, it quickly grew on me. I was hesitant to finish the book because it seemed like it was taking me forever to read it, but after about the first 80 pages or so, I was hooked and I knew that there was no way I could put the book down unfinished. Their love story was too compelling, too interesting, and by the end of the book I was more than happy that I had stuck with it. I cannot wait to go back and read the first book in this series, along with the third one, which I currently have in my TBR pile.

Jennifer Ashley, AKA, Allyson James, is an amazing author, no matter what genre she is writing for. I've read, and loved, all of her books, both historical and paranormal, whether it's filled with pirates or hot Nvengarians *Read her Nvengarian Series and you will know what I am talking about!* her books are always a sure winner! Filled with action and adventure, suspense and humor, wickedly handsome heroes and strong heroines, their love story is always a combination of steamy love scenes and teary 'I Love You' moments. A great combination, made even better by her unique story lines, characters, and writing style in general.

I found The Pirate Hunter to be a thrilling romantic read, touching and passionate, funny and interesting. The hero, James, is a dashing pirate hunter, dangerous and a bit of a tortured hero, which makes for a nice mix. He washes up on an island, where he is found by none other than a long lost love, Diana. She takes him in and cares for him, and of course the road to recovery is laced with passionate kisses and a few of her famous tempertamtrums *She likes to throw things at him!*, providing laughs along the way. But no story is perfect, and their happily-ever-after is threatened more than once by the English, who want to hang James, and his past, which still haunts him. However, it all works out in the end, taking you on a wild roller-coaster ride that brings you safely back to the ground in one piece, the warm and fuzzy feelings included.

4.5/5 STARS! A great story filled with adventure and intense love, both in and out of the bedroom. You may even find yourself blinking back a few tears towards the latter part of the book. A definite must read for any romance fan, and if you love a good heated pirate story than it's even better!


~TBQ~

2 comments :

Marg said...

I really enjoy Jennifer Ashley's pirate books! I have bought a lot of her other books to read, but I am not sure that I have read any of them yet

The_Book_Queen said...

If you haven't read them yet, I would suggest that you do soon. I promise, if you love her pirate books, you'll love her other books, whether they are historical or paranormal. She's just an amazing author. :)