Right now I am...
~Accepting Reviews (If I do not personally have the time, perhaps one of my guest reviewers might. See my Review Policy for more information.)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- ► 2013 (378)
- ► 2012 (278)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
- "Moving Target"
- "Vampire Kisses"
- "Shadow Magic"
- "Pleasure Unbound"
- "Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the...
- "Dark Embrace"
- "The Care and Feeding of Pirates"
- "Mercury's War"
- "The Pirate Hunter"
- "One Bite Stand"
- Shiloh Walker-- BLOG ALL ABOUT IT! contest
- "A Taste of Darkness"
- "Marked by Moonlight"
- "Lord of the Deep"
- "Demon Fire" is Steamy and Sexy!
- ▼ October (16)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Contemporary Own Blog Tour Giveaway Lusting for Covers 4 Stars 5 Stars 4.5 Stars NetGalley ARC copy Historical Paranormal E-Book Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic Novella What did I receive? Teen Fantasy 3.5 Stars ShapeShifters Teen Romance 3 Stars Vampires Military England Random Stuff Erotica Contest Winner Contests Demons Scotland Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
Friday, October 17, 2008
A widowed woman believes she may have found the key to her hardened heart in the arms of her abductor-a roguish pirate hunter.
Though the story started out a little bit slow, it quickly grew on me. I was hesitant to finish the book because it seemed like it was taking me forever to read it, but after about the first 80 pages or so, I was hooked and I knew that there was no way I could put the book down unfinished. Their love story was too compelling, too interesting, and by the end of the book I was more than happy that I had stuck with it. I cannot wait to go back and read the first book in this series, along with the third one, which I currently have in my TBR pile.
Jennifer Ashley, AKA, Allyson James, is an amazing author, no matter what genre she is writing for. I've read, and loved, all of her books, both historical and paranormal, whether it's filled with pirates or hot Nvengarians *Read her Nvengarian Series and you will know what I am talking about!* her books are always a sure winner! Filled with action and adventure, suspense and humor, wickedly handsome heroes and strong heroines, their love story is always a combination of steamy love scenes and teary 'I Love You' moments. A great combination, made even better by her unique story lines, characters, and writing style in general.
I found The Pirate Hunter to be a thrilling romantic read, touching and passionate, funny and interesting. The hero, James, is a dashing pirate hunter, dangerous and a bit of a tortured hero, which makes for a nice mix. He washes up on an island, where he is found by none other than a long lost love, Diana. She takes him in and cares for him, and of course the road to recovery is laced with passionate kisses and a few of her famous tempertamtrums *She likes to throw things at him!*, providing laughs along the way. But no story is perfect, and their happily-ever-after is threatened more than once by the English, who want to hang James, and his past, which still haunts him. However, it all works out in the end, taking you on a wild roller-coaster ride that brings you safely back to the ground in one piece, the warm and fuzzy feelings included.
4.5/5 STARS! A great story filled with adventure and intense love, both in and out of the bedroom. You may even find yourself blinking back a few tears towards the latter part of the book. A definite must read for any romance fan, and if you love a good heated pirate story than it's even better!
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
Your Ad Here!
blog advertising is good for you
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.