Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- ► 2012 (278)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
- "Moving Target"
- "Vampire Kisses"
- "Shadow Magic"
- "Pleasure Unbound"
- "Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the...
- "Dark Embrace"
- "The Care and Feeding of Pirates"
- "Mercury's War"
- "The Pirate Hunter"
- "One Bite Stand"
- Shiloh Walker-- BLOG ALL ABOUT IT! contest
- "A Taste of Darkness"
- "Marked by Moonlight"
- "Lord of the Deep"
- "Demon Fire" is Steamy and Sexy!
- ▼ October (16)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Paranormal Contemporary 4 Stars E-Book 5 Stars Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy ShapeShifters Teen Romance Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Monday, October 20, 2008
Synopsis from B&N.com:
What's a lady to do when the pirate husband she thought was dead tries to lure her back into his arms and away from the safe, quiet life she had all planned out?
After reading the second one in Ashley's Pirate Series, The Pirate Hunter, a few days ago, I was hoping that the interesting and 'proper' Honoria, James sister, would have her own story. So when I picked up The Care and Feeding of Pirates and found out she was the heroine of this book, I was happy. Honoria deserved to have her story told.
Here we thought she was this prim and proper unmarried lady when instead we find out that she's married, to a pirate believed to have been killed four years ago but who is actually still alive. And though James referred to her as 'cold' and 'heartless' in the last book *They were never really close, but after this book, they do get a bit closer*, believe me, she is anything but!
The storyline was interesting enough, able to keep me up and reading all night, unlike the previous book, TPH, which I loved, but had a slower start to it. TCFP is the complete opposite-- in fact, a lot of the action happens in the first 30 pages, when Honoria revels to us her 'scandalous' hidden past and then suddenly her 'dead' pirate husband comes back-- and he wants his wife back.
The romance was both steamy and touching, the story had action and adventure and more than a few laughs. And one of the unique things that I enjoyed was the side romance going on between the newly rescued half-sister of Christopher and Henderson, a proper peer who has always been interested in pirates and pirate hunting. Kind of ironic then, that the pirate *Chris's sister* falls for the pirate hunter *Henderson*, something that he points out to her towards the end as they are rowing away.
4.5/5 stars! Yet another great book by an amazing author, The Care and Feeding of Pirates is filled with dashing and dangerous pirates *All in favor, say 'Aye'!*, passionate love scenes, laughs and adventure, and yes, even a few parts in the story were you just might find your eyes getting a bit misty. :) A wonderful treat for any romance reader!
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008