Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Touch of Darkness" Touches You, Heart, Soul, and Body!

Synopis from B&N.com:Handsome, powerful Rurik Wilder holds the power to transform himself into a fierce bird of prey-a gift that's caused death and destruction.

At last he's offered the chance to redeem himself. Only one woman stands in his way-a beautiful writer determined to wreak revenge on the assassins who murdered her family. Assassins, it's been rumored, who have powers no human should ever possess...






As soon as I finished the first book in this series, Scent of Darkness, I immediately grabbed my copy of Touch of Darkness, eager to continue the spectacular story that Christina Dodd had weaved so intricately, so perfectly, making me obsessed from the start. I literally ran into my room to grab it off the shelf-- and in socks only, on a hardwood type floor, which means, what everyone?, yes, that's right, slipping and slidding. I swear, my cat was laughing at my when I grabbed wildly for my desk to keep from falling, if only because falling would slow me down, meaning it would be longer before I could get my hands on Rurik's story.

I have to say that even though I loved Touch of Darkness, so far my favorite in the series was the first one, Scent of Darkness. I can't explain why, exactly, but I felt that it was written slightly better- but only slightly. How can you judge the two perfect, five star books, comparing them? Both are great, don't get me wrong, and I am confident that the last two books in the series will be just as wonderfully written. But I think I shall always hold the first one closer to my heart, even if it's only slightly closer than the rest. However, I will tell you if this top spot changes after I read book 3 and 4.

Once again, Christina tells a story that grabs you from the start and pulls you head long into the book, never letting you go until the very end, and even then, you are reluctant to go. She writes witty and even touching conversations, unique, dangerous, and sexy experiences. Add to all of that, as if you could possibly want more out of a romance book, a slight touch of mystery, secrets, legends and history *Okay, so it's not true history, as far as I know, though wouldn't that be great, because if it was, then that would mean that Rurik and Jasha are really out there somewhere.... Oops, sorry, starting drooling there for a second, went off to daydream land, but I'm back. But a true fantasy/romance reader can still pretend, right?*. Combine all those elements together, add in a healthy dose of sexy alpha males who can shapeshifter and like to claim their mates *Not rape, that's left to the evil Varinkski cousins*, a love story that is anything but a fairytale *at least at first* but still fits Rurik and Tasya exactly and leaves you both hot and bothered and warm and fuzzy, and a passionate family that sticks together no matter what and you have the perfect story--Touch of Darkness.

5/5 STARS! Christina has done it again! Don't miss this thrilling sequel to Scent of Darkness and don't forget to grab Into the Shadow, and, soon to be released, Into the Flame, Adrik and Firebird's stories, respectively.

Until next time.. Read plenty, laugh often, love unconditionally, and live each day to it's fullest!

~TBQ~

No comments :