Friday, July 11, 2008

"Let Sleeping Rogues Lie" Will Keep You Up all Night Long!

Summary From Back Cover:
When Madeline Prescott took a teaching position at Mrs. Harris’s School for Young Ladies, it was to help restore her father’s reputation. Instead, she’s in danger of ruining her own. The devilishly handsome Anthony Dalton, Viscount Norcourt, has agreed to provide “rake lessons” to Mrs. Harris’s pupils so they can learn how to avoid unscrupulous gentlemen, and Madeline is to oversee his classes. She has always believed that attraction is a scientific matter, easily classified and controlled-until she’s swept into the passionate desire that fiercely burns between her and Anthony. Nothing could be more illogical than risking everything for a dalliance with a rake-even one who’s trying to behave himself. Yet nothing could be more tempting…

Since I first picked up In the Princes Bed by Sabrina Jeffries over 2 years ago, I have been completely obsessed with her books, quickly devouring each and everyone that has came out since then, along with some of her older ones. So it was no real surprise to me when I finished Let Sleeping Rogues Lie *In only a day, I might add!* and realized that I loved it just as much as her previous books (possibly even more?).
Let Sleeping Rogues Lie is the fourth installment in Sabrina's "School for Heiress" series. Miss Madeline Prescott is a teacher at Mrs. Harris's School for Young Ladies (Teaching: A plot that has been used a little bit too much? Maybe, but who cares!). But her life is not exactly what it seems. Her father lost his position as a doctor and may very well be thrown in jail by Viscount Norcourt's Uncle. So what's a respectable lady to do? Why, sin, lie a bit, and, of course, seduce the hot bad boy, Lord Anthony Norcourt himself! Come on, tell me you wouldn't do the same if you were in her position? Just take one look at Anthony and his restraining control over 'the beast' inside him and I promise you'll be ready to push Madeline out of the way. But sorry girls--- Anthony is not happily married. ;)
I found the story line to be interesting. Unlike some of the usual ones that are used in historical romances, I felt that this one was well written (Of course, Sabrina is an amazing author!). It had a plot, it had the evil uncle, the tortured hero (God, I love the heros in my romance novels to be tortured souls that are healed, but not so much so that they become a stiff gentleman, if you know what I mean!), the not-quiet-innocent-but-not- quiet-experienced heroine who is not only suppose to be pretty but also smart *Bimbos for heroines don't do it for me, sorry*, a few scandalous bargains, steamy love scenes that have the right amount of hot sex and touching sweetness....what could you add to that to make it better? Nothing! *Well, okay, so I would have loved it even more, if that's even possible, if Anthony had been a vampire, but hey, I guess you can't always have what you want!*
5/5 STARS! Let Sleeping Rogues Lie is a great story filled with love, sex, and humor, all twisted together flawlessly by one of the best historical romance authors out there-- Sabrina Jeffries! P.S: If you have not had to chance to read one of her novels yet, all I can say is "How the heck can you be a romance lover and not have picked up one of her books before?!" I promise, you will not regret it!
Until next time... Read plenty, laugh often, love unconditionally, and live each day to the fullest!
~TBQ~

No comments :