Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- Interview w/ Tamara Morgan + Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (70)
- Blog Tour: Arianna Skye's "Wings of Desire" -- Cha...
- [NOR + ARC Review]: "Too Tempting to Resist"
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Julie Rowe
- Sexy Snippets (2): "Tiger Mine"
- Hunky Hero Hop WINNER!
- Lusting for Covers (69)
- "Illicit Magic" Winner!
- [Blog Tour Review]: "North of Heartbreak"
- [NetGalley Review]: "Grave Mercy"
- Sexy Snippets (1) -- "North of Heartbreak"
- [Review]: "Demon Seed"
- Hunky Hero Hop and Giveaway!
- Lusting for Covers (68)
- [ARC Review]: "The Proposal"
- "The Saint" Winner!
- Blog Tour: Guest Post w/ Kinley Baker
- [Review]: "Love is a Battlefield"
- [Review]: "Ruined"
- Lusting for Covers (67)
- Deadly Stupidity 101: Smoking + Oxygen Don't Mix!
- Blog Tour: Interview w/ Carrie Ann Ryan + Giveaway...
- [NOR Review]: "Fury of Fire"
- Author Interview with Monica McCarty + Giveaway!
- [NOR Review]: "My True Love"
- [Blog Tour Review]: "Trinity Bound"
- Lusting for Covers (66)
- ▼ April (28)
- ► 2010 (91)
- ► 2009 (151)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Paranormal Contemporary 4 Stars E-Book 5 Stars Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy ShapeShifters Teen Romance Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Tuesdays have never been so sexy!
Sexy Snippets is a weekly feature hosted by Reading Between the Wines for the 18+ crowd. To join in visit this week's Sexy Snippets post on RBtW!
This is my first week participating, but I've been meaning to do so for a few months now! :)
I just started North of Heartbreak today, so I'm not too far into it, but when I came across this scene, I just knew I had to share it. It's not blatantly sexy, but rather pulls it off in a much more subtle way. I love it! :) Liam and Willa may still be working through their problems, but the tension and chemistry between them is--Wow!
North of Heartbreak by Julie Rowe
"Really?" She stood and put her hands on her hips. "Like what?"
He stepped close, enough to cause a shiver of desire to ripple down her spine. "Like kiss you."
Hot, she was molten hot. The air she breathed in scorched her lungs, and her body burned.
Very slowly, he cupped her cheek with one hand and rubbed his thumb over her bottom lip then leaned down to whisper. "Or maybe feed you by hand."
So gentle. He touched her as if she were fragile, precious, and seduced with a tender voice and words that conjured up images of him on his knees, serving her.
"What will you feed me?" she heard herself ask.
His smile promised sin itself. "Anything you want."
I think that last sentence says it all! :) Sin itself, indeed.
I'll have my full review of this book up later this week, and Julie will be by for an interview April 24th!
Until Next Time,
*TBQ's Book Palace is a member of both the Amazon and Barnes and Nobles affiliates program. By using the links provided to buy products from either website, I receive a very small percentage of the order. To read my full disclosure on the matter, please see this post!
Labels: Sexy Snippets
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008