Right now I am...
~NOT Accepting Reviews (See my Review Policy, as I WILL accept them in the near future!)
~Booking Author Interviews and Guest Posts (See Being a Guest Author)
~Hosting Giveaways and Tours (Also see Being a Guest Author)
~Looking for Guest Reviewers (See Being a Guest Reviewer)
More about The_Book_Queen...
And don't forget to visit some of the other blogs that I love!
Are you interested in buying one of the books I've reviewed? If so, feel free to search Amazon for it!
- ► 2012 (278)
- ► 2010 (91)
- What Did I Receive?
- Want to Read List (Part 4, D's)
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday: "Unwind"
- What Are You Reading On Monday? (1)
- Want To Read (Part 3, C's)
- I've Been Published! *
- Want to Read (Part 2, B's)
- Review:"Where's My Hero?"
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday: "Passage to Zarahemla'
- Want to Read (Part 1, A's)
- Short Review: "Saving Savannah"
- Waiting on Wednesday
- Teaser Tuesday: "Dance with the Devil"
- REVIEW: "Fairy Tale"
- REVIEW: 'Wicked Resurrection"
- Oops, I Did it Again...
- What Did I Receive?
- June Reading
- LORELEI JAMES CONTEST!
- Being a Guest Author
- About Me
- Reader, Reviewer, Blogger--Links and Buttons
- ▼ July (25)
Most Common Labels
Review Romance Own One of my Favorites Lusting for Covers Blog Tour Giveaway 4.5 Stars Historical ARC copy Contemporary Paranormal 4 Stars E-Book 5 Stars Guest Post Author Interview NOR Magic What did I receive? Teen Fantasy ShapeShifters Teen Romance Vampires 3 Stars England Random Stuff 3.5 Stars Contest Winner Erotica Contests Demons NetGalley Scotland Novella Werewolves Early Reviewer's Book From LibraryThing Fantasy Reading Recap Fiction Military Time Travel Urban Fantasy Anthology Book Shopping Completed Reading LIst 2 Stars 2.5 Stars Book Trailer Discussion Dragons J.K. Beck Rebecca Royce Robin Leigh Miller Dawn Halliday Guest Authors Barnes and Noble First Look Copy Barnes and Noble Sneak Peak Copy Blog Tours BlogRoll Books Read Calendar Overview Disclosure Read in 2008 Read in 2009 Read in 2010 Read in 2011 Review Policy
- Utah, United States
- Books are my life--plain and simple! :) My genre of choice is romance, of almost any kind. I love reading, I love sharing my thoughts on the books with others, and I'm always up for recommendations and book conversations! Please, feel free to find me on any of the various websites I frequent, or drop me an email! If you are interested in me reviewing your book (Or you just want to ask me a question), please email me at: The_Book_Queen[at]yahoo[dot]com.
If you like what you see, and you have a dollar or two to spare, please donate to help pay for giveaways and blog upkeep. Thank you! :) PS-- I also love being paid in blog comments. That'll do just fine. :D
Friday, July 3, 2009
Already July...Damn, where's my summer gone? *SIGH*
Despite my college courses that I just finished up with, and finals for all of them, I'm really surprised at how many books I finished last month......30 BOOKS!
That's right, a book a day on average. I still can't believe it. But I'll tell you one thing-- it definitely helped me to get my TBR pile done a bit... until I went shopping and counteracted it! Lol. I know, I know, I need to learn control.... I'm working on it! :D
The only thing I was disappointed in was my lack of reviews (again) last month and lack of overall posts on here. I really need to step it up and start fixing both of those things-- where's the point in reading all those books if I only post the occasional review on them? I'm going to work harder during July to do more. We'll see...that's what I said LAST month, and, well, that didn't do me a whole lot of good, now did it?
So here's my list:
1. MacGowan's Ghost by Cindy Miles (4 stars)
2. P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern ( 4 stars)
3. Midnight Reign by Chris Marie Green (2 stars)
4. Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier (3 stars)
5. Innocent Fire by Brenda Joyce (4 stars)
6. Dark Victory by Brenda Joyce (4 stars)
8. A Song for Summer by Eva Ibbotson (3 stars)
9. Bloodtide by Melvin Burgess (1 star)
10. Stardust by Neil Gailman (3 stars)
11. Dawnkeepers by Jessica Andersen (4.5 stars)
12. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (4 stars)
13. Distracting the Duchess by Emily Bryan (4 stars)
14. Night Pleasures by Sherrilyn Kenyon (4.5 stars)
15. Captive Moon by C.T. Adams (4 stars)
16. High Noon by Nora Roberts (4.5 stars)
17. A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas (4 stars)
18. The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill (3 stars)
19. By My Side by Nora Roberts (3.5 stars)
20. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (4 stars)
21. Cowboy and the Captive by Lora Leigh *E-Book Short* (4 stars)
22. After the Kiss by Suzanne Enoch (4.5 stars)
24. The Freedom Writers Diary by The Freedom Writers (5 stars)
25. Waiting for Nick/Considering Kate by Nora Roberts (4 stars)
26. The Twilight Before Christmas by Christine Feehan (4 stars)
27. The Lady of the Forest by Jennifer Roberson (4 stars)
28. The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide by J.R. Ward (5 stars)
29. Wicked is the Night by Catherine Mulvany (4 stars)
30. Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr (4.5 stars)
I finished 6 books for my LibraryThing 999 Challenge.
I finished 3 books for my LibraryThing Paranormal 999 Challenge.
If you notice, I had a lot of 'average' and 'above average' ratings this month... Not sure if I was just extra harsh on my judging, or if they were just books that didn't catch my attention. Now, the lowest ( 1 star and the 2 star ratings), I believe were deserved-- I just didn't like the books at all, and though I did finish them, it was a bit hard to do so.
You'll also notice a lot more YA and regular fiction novels in this bunch-- I was trying to work on the books that have been in my TBR pile for the longest time, so I pushed most of my romance novels to the side. It was hard, but in a way it was a way to take a break and read something else for a bit. This month, I plan on jumping back to more romance novels though-- I miss my yummy paranormals and sexy historicals. :D
What about the rest of you? Did you accomplish a lot this past month, or did you spend more time outside soaking up the sun? (We've had nothing but rain and clouds, so not much opportunity to do that, plus I burn so easily, it's probably best I not sit out all day and soak up the sun) Was this last month full of newly discovered books, or re-reading old ones?
Labels: Completed Reading LIst
My Rating Scale
- 5 Stars= Fantastic. Perfect rating, and a must read for anyone!
- 4.5 Stars= Great--- highly recommended!
- 4 Stars= Good, a very enjoyable read.
- 3.5 Stars= Nice, quick read.
- 3 Stars= Okay, about average.
- 2.5 Stars= Eh....Not the worst, but below average.
- 2 Stars= Borderline fail...Something was missing!
- 1.5 Stars=I didn't like it.
- 1 Star= Major flaws.... Or not my cup of tea, depends on how you care to look at it...
- 0.5 Star= DNF or DNE (did not enjoy--- at all).
This is a great event--join to share the love of books with other bloggers, sending and receiving RAKs! My RAK Wish List
Visitors to the Site
Web Counters Since December 19th, 2008